Maybe LOTR?

Started by nvseal, March 09, 2007, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

When I first started this image I was thinking Mordor, then maybe the Emyn Muil, then maybe nothing to do with LOTR at all ;) . So you can take this anyway you like. Either way I think it came out okay.

mrwho

very nice, i love the clouds, and terrain detail is good too. It does remind me of lOTR, but I can't think of a particular place

John2k6

nice, what type of clouds are those? and would you mind sharing the depth and density settings?

nvseal

Quote from: John2k6 on March 09, 2007, 05:18:13 PM
nice, what type of clouds are those? and would you mind sharing the depth and density settings?
Those are cumulus clouds. Density=24; edge sharpness=0.00477837; depth=2085.58; fake dark power=0.71875; sun glow amount=4

old_blaggard

Nice image overall.  I like the level of detail you've achieved on the ground, and the clouds look superb.  The image map shader you used to color the larger stones seems a bit too exaggerated, though.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

I think the image looks like it is from somewhere near a volcano (like Mordor), but looking away from it...

Mr_Lamppost

Excellent work.

Low edge sharpness and high density looks to be the way to go for dramatic clouds. ;D

Mordor at the start of the fourth age?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

nvseal

That's what I was thinking.
I only wish I had deep so I could make the image bigger. (although it would probably kill my poor little laptop's ram)  :-\

nvseal

I was playing with camera angle and redsky decay a bit and got this. I'm thinking about returning to the original angle and turning the decay down so the light is white.

old_blaggard

Great lighting!  I love the terrain as well.  I like the color of the light as it is; while there is no single "best" way to depict a specific scene, this is certainly one of the "bests."
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 13, 2007, 04:32:52 PM
Great lighting!  I love the terrain as well.  I like the color of the light as it is; while there is no single "best" way to depict a specific scene, this is certainly one of the "bests."

agreed!  ;D

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

marcob

I like the colors terrain and overall composition, the clouds are really awesome. My only point is about left side darkness, you should put a rock, a city with lights or a spaceship there to broke the big black area. Beautiful scene and reminds me of LOTR ( which would exclude the spaceship option).

Dark Fire

This looks like it could become yet another great example of the vast number of images you can get out of one terrain.

Mr_Lamppost

While I like the second version, Wicked sky; The first one shows off the work you have put into the foreground. 

The second version has a "Post nuclear" look so not LOTR unless Saruman was doing more than breeding Orks at Orthanc.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Andrew

I was thinking the same thing. Reminds me of what Black Isle woulda done if they had this tech for the Fallout games.