Road Trip WIP

Started by gregsandor, June 21, 2010, 05:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

The first image is indeed very photorealistic! Great!!

gregsandor

Quote from: domdib on July 31, 2010, 10:21:10 AM
The road cracking is very cool - will it show up in the actual animation though?

It will; it is a part of the terrain and my thought is to have the camera walk or drive at about eye level, so it will be visible.  I'm going to increase the contrast of color and add some gravel and dirt too, plus some puddles here and there in the low spots so it will stand out more.

domdib

Sounds very good - hope you have time to complete.

gregsandor

Adding silt to the potholes.

domdib

You do know the deadline is today, 23.59 CET??

gregsandor

Quote from: domdib on August 14, 2010, 03:47:53 AM
You do know the deadline is today, 23.59 CET??

I do, thanks.  I have my keyframes all ready to upload (actually had it ready for the first June deadline), so now I'm just having some fun with the scene.  

gregsandor

Lets go for a drive:

domdib

Congrats on a very unusual render for TG2, and good luck!

Oshyan

That looks incredibly good. Love the "tar seams" that are reflecting sunlight! A very nice touch.

- Oshyan

dandelO

Great, I want to see it rendered, that's a really nice job! Good luck! :)

gregsandor

Quote from: Oshyan on July 30, 2010, 11:49:29 PM
That's a remarkably realistic urban environment. Especially in a landscape rendering app. ;D

- Oshyan

Rural environment:  Too much corn for it to be urban.  ::) ;D

Oshyan

Hehe, yes, rural is more accurate. ;)

- Oshyan

RArcher

I really love what you have done here with all the elements.  I really hope that you render out and share a few scenes from this project at higher resolution so we can really see all the details that went into it.  Your whole scene makes my attempts (http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=8095.0) at recreating a large area seem positively crude in comparison.

gregsandor

Here's a new render from a different vantage point.

As for your attempt Ryan, that scene of your was partly my inspiration for what I'm doing here:  years ago I did some similar to that, then I saw yours and thought mine "positively crude in comparison."  So we are leap-frogging.  I'm continuing to develop mine, lets see where yours goes too.  You have a great start there, just take each element and refine it

Oshyan

This continues to surprise and fascinate me. Though you didn't win 1st prize in the contest, I hope you'll still consider animating this.

- Oshyan