Summer

Started by Klas, June 20, 2010, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klas

FrankB

Fantastic! Great birds, really. They're so beautiful :)

inkydigit

great sand, though those shoes aren't very practical for the beach!!
:)

FrankB

what worries me slightly is that her right hand seems a little necrotic, the skin color is much darker. But anyway, she's got a nice haircut ;)

Henry Blewer

I noticed it on her legs. Still, it's a really nice model. I um, did not look much farther than the model... :-X
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

PG

Did you use Perlin Billows by any chance? :D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: FrankB on June 21, 2010, 05:49:49 AM
what worries me slightly is that her right hand seems a little necrotic, the skin color is much darker. But anyway, she's got a nice haircut ;)
hmmmm.. rigor mortis?
yeah, she does look a darker, klas must have dug her up :D :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

inkydigit

Quote from: PG on June 21, 2010, 08:09:36 AM
Did you use Perlin Billows by any chance? :D
or berlin pillows!!!

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Klas

:D nice comments, thank you.

So what's wrong with the right arm? My first idea was that the sky is reflecting in the skin - I have added a reflective shader with ray traces reflections on the skin shader. But after some testrenders I found that the color on the arm is correct - all other parts are to bright and red ;) The color of the sand is done with two Power Fractal shader (yellow-orange-red) on the color input of a default shader, and the Diffuse colo(u)r was set to white (1). This was too much so the GI tinted the objects - except the parts that are facing up.
Anyway, this was only to test a sand shader with real world scaling.