Professor got his hands chopped off !

Started by penang, July 06, 2010, 01:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

penang

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/07/india-muslims-chop-off-hands-of-christian-professor-who-put-defamatory-question-on-exam.html

A Malayalam professor T J Joseph of the Newman College, who is under suspension for preparing a defamatory question for an exam paper, was attacked by a gang of five men at Muvatupuzha when he was coming back from church.

His crime - A question prepared by the professor for an exam was offensive to Jihadis.

The Jihadists

The Professor, sans his hands

Rhalph

There are young people in these forums, you should remove the the second image or at least just provide the link with a warning.

rcallicotte

...or the zealous Muslims should quit being violent jackasses.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kadri

I live in a muslim country but i am a atheist as you probably know.
Many of my friends and family are muslims , but they hate parties like AKP (muslim party ) or the ones who are monsters like above .
This isn't a problem you can easily talk about as "muslims" and would not be fair to the "civil muslims" .

If you know history any kind of religion can and have produced such barbarians , but generalising them to all of them is wrong !

rcallicotte

I didn't classify all of them.  It is clear something is wrong that they are able to take words from Qu'ran and manipulate people to mass suicides, etc.  Same thing happens with the Bible and the Torah, but not anywhere near to the same degree of craziness.  But, it appears to me that the only religion on Earth that has people who claim it and who are more violent than any other radical form of any religion is Muslim.  This is just an objective fact.  

For example, how many people last month were killed by a Muslim terrorist through a suicide bomber compared to a Jewish suicide bomber or a Christian suicide bomber?  The difference in these numbers is astronomically disproportionate.

nikita

Quote from: calico on July 06, 2010, 12:16:40 PMBut, it appears to me that the only religion on Earth that has people who claim it and who are more violent than any other radical form of any religion is Muslim.
For example, how many people last month were killed by a Muslim terrorist through a suicide bomber compared to a Jewish suicide bomber or a Christian suicide bomber?  The difference in these numbers is astronomically disproportionate.

Religion certainly can be used and is currently being used as a rationale for violence, but that religion need not be Islam, it'd work just as well with Christianity. Remember that the latter had it's dark hours too with cruel punishments, hypocritic morals and so on.
If your state has problems with violence and everyday terrorism, it's likely because you're living in a failed state.

... and we as the developed world have failed to help such failed states. Instead, we brought them yet another war.

penang

Quote from: nikita on July 06, 2010, 05:30:58 PM
Quote from: calico on July 06, 2010, 12:16:40 PMBut, it appears to me that the only religion on Earth that has people who claim it and who are more violent than any other radical form of any religion is Muslim.
Religion certainly can be used and is currently being used as a rationale for violence, but that religion need not be Islam, it'd work just as well with Christianity. Remember that the latter had it's dark hours too with cruel punishments, hypocritic morals and so on.
If your state has problems with violence and everyday terrorism, it's likely because you're living in a failed state.

... and we as the developed world have failed to help such failed states. Instead, we brought them yet another war.
Allow me to hi-lite what you said:
"Religion certainly can be used and is currently being used as a rationale for violence, but that religion need not be Islam, it'd work just as well with Christianity. Remember that the latter had it's dark hours too"

See that word "had"?

In plain English, it's past tense, which means, it happened but it happened in the past.

But in the "ahem" religion it is in the present tense.

That difference might be minor to you, sir, but certainly ain't the case for the now hand-less professor !

Kadri

Quote from: penang on July 06, 2010, 02:51:36 AM
A related vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2OdnvaoQU

"TAC: What do you think the chances are of a weapon of mass destruction being used in an American city?

RP: I think it depends not exclusively, but heavily, on how long our combat forces remain in the Persian Gulf. The central motive for anti-American terrorism, suicide terrorism, and catastrophic terrorism is response to foreign occupation, the presence of our troops. The longer our forces stay on the ground in the Arabian Peninsula, the greater the risk of the next 9/11, whether that is a suicide attack, a nuclear attack, or a biological attack."

Just coincidence !(sarcasm)

But i hate all of this things... This isn't the kind of things you can understand by looking on your TV News !
There are so many reasons ...

But the link i posted makes some things a lot more prominent. Most of this muslim problems you talk about are the cause of the Capitalist West itself. And now we see only some wild barbaric actions. Yes it is violent and unacceptable ( i am intensely against of any violence ) but there is a greater picture behind this.

Peace guys !

nikita

Quote from: penang on July 06, 2010, 06:09:32 PMThat difference might be minor to you, sir, but certainly ain't the case for the now hand-less professor!
I absolutely condemn what they did to him and certainly, something has to be done to stop fundamentalism.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't make the mistake to think our religions were any better.
We are well off because we live in developed countries, not because we live in christian countries.
They live in misery because they live in underdeveloped countries, not because they live muslim countries

latego

Every religion has its fair share of fundamentalism:

1) orthodox jews have no hesitation in proclaiming that they belong to the superior race and everybody else (gentiles) are... may I use the word Untermenschen ;)? isn't it amusing that a nazi term is perfectly fit to describe zionists beliefs?
2) there are catholic extremists that today write books against... Illuminism (with baddies like Rousseau or Diderot or Voltaire); the religious hierarchies are too busy sodomizing boys to go beyond the usual no-divorce/no-abort/no-euthanasia drill;
3) protestant wackos are actively waiting for the second coming of Christ (written capitalized because it is a name ;) ), while killing abortionist doctors;
4) muslims extremists are hell bent into making sure that jews/christians do not overtake them in the race to madness;
5) hinduist extremists hang boys and girls who defy caste separation (google for "hanged india" and you will have your fair share of pages) and lynch christians;
6) there are people who dare to call themselves buddhists when they used to own land property, riches and people in slavery and are actively trying to recreate that situation (...dear Dalai Lama, I am looking at YOU);
7) shintoists worship like deities WWII war criminals...

...and I could go on.

Dear Kadri, I am absolutely sure that, if Isreal disappeared today, tomorrow Erdogan and his lot would tone down the muslim propaganda and bring into full swing the neo-ottoman one ;). It is not a question of religion, it is a question of power; recently I read an article in which it was written that intellectuals from the Young Turks movement did try to demonstrate that Islam was a materialistic phylosophy in order to fit it to their political/ideological agenda!

Bye...

P.S.: I am not even an atheist because I feel that atheism is... yet another religion ;D

Kadri

I have nothing much to add , Latego !

But come on ; Atheism-religion or science -religion ?...there is a border for such things.
And i think you know this absolutely and what i mean :)

But i should add that i am not a strict (?) atheist (It is the closest one ) and i try to be respectfull to religious humans .

We are so driven to black and white statements it is hard to see or write about the gray ones.
Especially when English is not your main language  ;)

Power , religion , capitalism , politic ... For me these are more exhaustive things to think and write.
And as i said i hate these subjects mostly .
Because with who you talk everybody has his own belief about these things and they think that they know all about it and that this or that is just an objective fact , but forgetting the other objective facts that make the whole picture.

But i love science because there is hope and the best side of humanity .
It is not perfect...because humans aren't perfect.
We know all religions we have seen what they are...they are not perfect too...

But science can someday be perfect (if there is such a thing) if we don't kill each other for this or that in the mean time.
I think that i am a realist too (sometimes ;D) so i really have not much believe(hmm) in humanity .

We forget that the last big war was for only 65 years ago and as in the years after everything was fine(not)!
We didn't change much in those years.
So i think we have still many Hitlers around us who live in Asya , Europa , America and so forth and have other names ...
If you read between the lines and really try to see what goes on you will see there are many of them.
Some of them are elected and some of them are our neighbours.
The story isn't over...yet!

When our army did lunch a atack at some terrorist in our country i had a boss who said we will wipe them out .
I said violence (power) isn't a solution ; he thought about me as i was stupid or that i was some kind of a terrorist too.
This was nearly 20 years ago. And nothing has changed since. Our army did lunch many many atacks since then.

Yeah so basic things! We will see them in our entire life time guys !

Bye.

P.S. : I didn't sleep tonight . I think i talk to much in such situations  :D

rcallicotte

My point was - there is a VAST difference in numbers when you look at Muslim suicide bombers versus Christian or Jewish.  Never mind philosophy; look at the numbers (facts). 

So, to create a logical philosophy from these facts, these sort of numbers scream something is inherently wrong in the Muslim religion that violence is its main calling card.  Look at every place they begin their Sharia nonsense (in order to take over the laws of any country) - violence precedes in riots and destruction, if not suicide bombers.  If this is not stopped, you will all be answering to the wealthy Muslim Arabs and your playtime will be over.  It's a logical progression.  Argue, if you will; but the conclusion is happening in front of us - look at Europe and Canada and China.

piggy

Quote from: Kadri on July 06, 2010, 06:35:04 PM" The Logic of Suicide Terrorism
  It's the occupation, not the fundamentalism
"

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2005/jul/18/00017/

Wait ...

Are you saying that the native Americans can go blow themselves up in the middle of a large crowd of White Americans from now on, in the name of "fighting against occupation" ?