Leaf WIP

Started by bigben, March 12, 2007, 11:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

A remake was definitely a thought... but at the very least I have been working on taking the ideas and methods I developed in that project across to TG2. At some point I'm going to have to stop again and actually output something, but until then it's been very interesting/fun exploring the tremendous potential for improving on that concept with the way TG2 handles things. I'll obviously have to zoom close by a tree in the animation so you can at least admire the leaf briefly ;)  (or maybe fly through one)

For now, though, each time I solve a problem 3 more ideas come up and it can get a little hard keeping track  ;)  The open file format certainly creates numerous possibilities.

... and then there's lighting... barely touched that yet and that proved to be the most technicallly difficult problem with "4 seasons...".  It will be very interesting to see how then new lighting model compares.

I'll run a demo of the transition for this tree and grass model over the next few weeks.. should be interesting.