Stargate Atlantis final

Started by king_tiger_666, March 13, 2007, 08:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tiger_666

took far longer than I wanted... but it's finally finished...
I think the shadows maybe caused by the texture I applied but they aren't as prominent when playing with the curves

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Volker Harun

fmtoffolo

it looks nice...but i would like to see more water. its as if the fog is way too dense
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

rcallicotte

Yes.  I sort of feel like I'm floating in a cloud.  The foreground base needs something or maybe the water needs to come through more.  I don't know.  I love the rays and city, though.

Quote from: fmtoffolo on March 13, 2007, 11:59:25 AM
it looks nice...but i would like to see more water. its as if the fog is way too dense
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I agree with the above, but I would like the say that it is a great composition.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

While it's not floating in water, I think that it works just as well floating in the clouds.  I've got no complaints :)!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

king_tiger_666

thanks for the comments, i will revisit atlantis when i get copies of the textures... also @old_blaggard have you tried the file you may need to apply a colour/imageshader to texture it
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

old_blaggard

I've downloaded it, but I've already got two projects currently going, and so I don't want to bog down my computer with a third right now ;).  I'll get around to it as soon as possible - I'm excited :D.  If you ever manage to get ahold of the textures, I would love to get my hands on those as well.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

3DGuy

Real nice. Although I do agree it should sit on water :) The reason I got TG2TP in the first place was because I was looking into making a suitable environment for my Stargate model (see my rendo gallery). I somehow never made a suitable landscape to fit the gate though. I just can't seen to get enough flatland I guess. I'll probably use some DEM file. But enough about my problems :D I got that model as well and I'm going to look into the texturing of it. Hopefully the texture names will give a hint as to what texture goes where.

dhavalmistry

Here is what I came up with couple of days back...cant really work on textures since MAX doesnt work on vista
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Nice image, dhavalmistry.  I like how you have silhouetted the city to keep the viewer from knowing that it doesn't have any textures.

Dark Fire

Both images are very nice. The lack of textures in the second one works quite well in my opinion - barely visible textures in the bright sunlight would make the image look over-complicated.