Wickerman Festival

Started by dandelO, July 22, 2010, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

We got most of the burning, and the fireworks display on video. Some photos as well.

dandelO

Lots more photos on my FB page, for those who can see it.

airflamesred

A mate of mine is going to DJ at burning man. Apparently no money changes hand there so what would you pay for a pint of heavy there dandelO?!

dandelO

Well, we smuggled our own drinks into the arena, it's allowed in the camp site but not the main arena, where you are expected to buy from the drinks tent, a pint was about £3.50, I think.
The shrewd approach was contraband. ;)

inkydigit

great video D, 'whats that, the shit van?'...lol
did the kids smuggle the liquid refreshments in?!!
looks like you had a really good time, is it on next year?
we have friends in scotland, and it's not far on the ferry/seacat from belfast...
cheers
J

dandelO

Aye, it's on next year. This was its 9th year. Next year, I'd imagine, they pull out all the stops for the 10th anniversary.
prices for the main event are really great, though. We were only 95 quid each per adult and kids go free, for the whole weekend, Thursday to Sunday. Considering the price of a single ticket to any of the more commercial festivals, that's really good.
T-In-The-Park would have been well out of our reach money wise. Here, though, there was just so much happening, outdoor ice skating(on the hottest day of the year), wood workshops, dirt boarding/sledging, mountain biking, laser quest zap zone, tightrope walking, too much to remember, plus the constant live music. Really great. I'd much rather do that in the Summer holidays than go to Alton Towers or some place like that, where you'd also, no doubt, spend as much money in a single day.

Do it! Maybe, we could all get laptops and make a Render Tent... Hmmm, maybe not! :D