Reset the little terrain preview window?

Started by Harvey Birdman, March 13, 2007, 01:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

When you're in terrain mode you get the little preview window to the left of the main preview window, showing the rough position/orientation of the camera. When the camer is repositioned so it's out of this window you can use the '-' and '+' buttons to zoom out (or in) so the camera is now back in the view.

So here's the problem: Once I've zoomed out so the camera is back in the view the scale is (of course) much larger. I'd like to reset the little preview window so the camera is at it's center again - not move the camera, but reset the boundaries of the little preview. Is there a way to do this?

rcallicotte

I know of no way to reset the little window to what it was at the beginning.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

There is currently no way to "reset" this window or its position. Its functionality is fairly limited at the moment, intended more as a simple "shader preview" rather than a window to actually adjust things in, but it will be significantly improved in the future.

- Oshyan

Harvey Birdman

Thanks for the replies. I guess I just have to wait, then. (the sound of toes tapping impatiently...)

:)

Mandrake

I thought you could move that window the same way you move the camera in the other window, by using the alt mouse and so forth..

Oshyan

Quote from: Mandrake on March 13, 2007, 08:06:41 PM
I thought you could move that window the same way you move the camera in the other window, by using the alt mouse and so forth..
You can, but the area of the shader/terrain that's shown is always the same. You would just move away from that preview shader patch by using the movement controls. Eventually these controls should work properly.

- Oshyan