Marks on Image

Started by CMR, July 27, 2010, 08:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMR

Hi,

I've tried everything I can think of to see what the problem is here, but I've run out of ideas.

My renders keep getting weird marks on them like so:

I've tried moving the camera around, but they seem to be everywhere, no matter where I go.

Could you advise what might be causing this?

Here is the tgd file incase it helps:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z55d9dd8i7b18vl

THanks.

TheBlackHole

Photoshop's Clone tool. The one in GIMP should work too. :D
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Oshyan

It looks like you may be under the terrain. If you begin moving the camera in the 3D Preview and look at the VHeight number at the bottom of the 3D preview window on the right, what value do you see?

- Oshyan

CMR

Quote from: TheBlackHole on July 27, 2010, 10:22:15 PM

Don't know what that is, I only use GIMP for creating gradients really  :-\

Quote from: Oshyan on July 28, 2010, 12:17:08 AM
It looks like you may be under the terrain. If you begin moving the camera in the 3D Preview and look at the VHeight number at the bottom of the 3D preview window on the right, what value do you see?

- Oshyan

ABout -200ish. I've moved it up and it seems to work now. Thanks.  ::)

neuspadrin

Quote from: CMR on July 28, 2010, 08:08:29 AM
Quote from: TheBlackHole on July 27, 2010, 10:22:15 PM

Don't know what that is, I only use GIMP for creating gradients really  :-\

Oh its a very handy feature.  If you look at the toolbox, the icon is a little stamp looking thing that the hover text is "Clone Tool" (or you can press the C key by default).  What you first do is pick your source distance/location. You hold down the CTRL key (I think it is the ALT key in Photoshop but its been awhile).  Your mouse icon will change to something different.  Pick an area that looks like the area you want to hide (so a nearby piece of sky with no issues) and click and then you can let go of CTRL.  Now you can paint like a normal paintbrush over the problem areas.  Note that the source area for new content moves the same distance/direction as your paint strokes, and it clones what the source area is over into the area you are over.

Very handy at touching up small issues like that in an image without needing a rerender.

Glad you found your issue though, but figured you might want to know about clone for the future ;).