SIGGRAPH 2010 TERRAGEN 2 PLANT BUNDLE SALE ---> THRU JULY 31

Started by xfrog, July 25, 2010, 10:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xfrog

From July 25 - July 31, the Standard and MEGA Bundles of Terragen 2 with 1,300 plants are on Sale.

Mega is $799 and Standard $599  only until July 31.

With the Mega bundle, you have 1,300 TGO and XFR, and a copy of Xfrog 3.5,  with the XFR you can get into any 3d software with the plants,
including maya, max, modo, etc.    you can also pull terrains and skies out of TG2 into max and maya, look for video tutorials on that today/tomorrow

With the Standard bundle you have 1,300 TGO and can use them to create all sorts of ecosystems - deserts, flower gardens, tropics, north america, europe, mediterranean,  underwater plants, etc.

www.xfrog.com   News

and

http://www.planetside.co.uk/content/view/55/94/

Thanks and hope to see some of you at SIGGRAPH 2010  

freelancah

So how much would this cost if I upgrade from TG2 deep animation version to one of those?

xfrog

$499 upgrade to "Bundle" and $799 upgrade to "Mega".   

http://www.xfrog.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GOSS&Category_Code=XF

Quote from: freelancah on July 26, 2010, 03:49:35 PM
So how much would this cost if I upgrade from TG2 deep animation version to one of those?

freelancah

Well that's a shame because I would have updated if the price would've favored old customers but I guess not :/

cyphyr

Maybe Xfrog could do the upgrade for the same as the discount price but throw in a few of the new xfrog plant packages that have been released since the bundles were initially announced, ... maybe ;)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Argopo

I'm interested in the Mega Bundle.

For those that own either bundle, which plant packages are included in the 1,300 plants?

Also, the product page refers to free plugins that can be used with your host 3D applications. These plugins  are outdated. Are there up to date plugins available, or are the plugins, in the case of C4D and Maya, the Xfrog 5 for Maya and Xrog 4.4 for C4D?

Also, I am aware that Xfrog 3.5 exports RIB files. I am assuming that a RIB file can be generated from within the Xfrog 5 for Maya plugin when used along with the various Renderman plugins available (3Delight, Mayaman, etc).

xfrog

your bundle upgrade is $499 the new customer offer is $599 (one week discount off list price of $699)

Quote from: freelancah on July 27, 2010, 06:45:41 AM
Well that's a shame because I would have updated if the price would've favored old customers but I guess not :/

xfrog

The 22 plant libraries on our website that are denoted as V. 2.0 are included in both bundles.   At some time later in the year we will offer an add-on package of the 6, V 3.0
libraries, to Mega and standard bundle owners.
http://xfrog.com/products/plantlibsSubStart.htm

The best workflow for Mega owner is to open any plant in Xfrog 3.5 and export OBJ or LWO or RIB or 3ds.   then open any of those in maya, max, etc.    But as you mentioned it is also possible to skip that step and use Xfrog 5 for Maya, or Xfrog 4.4 for C4D, and import XFR.   both those plugins have modeling features that will run 30 days only but the import XFR will continue to run in the trial, the import XFR does not expire.

Yes the licensed Xfrog 5 for Maya functions as a set of modeling tools inside Maya, and anything you can do with Maya, Xfrog supports it. e.g. Xfrog supports all Maya functionality including MEL-Scripting, and combining Xfrog hierarchies with Paint Effects.

Quote from: Jose_Riveros on July 27, 2010, 02:03:57 PM
I'm interested in the Mega Bundle.

For those that own either bundle, which plant packages are included in the 1,300 plants?

Also, the product page refers to free plugins that can be used with your host 3D applications. These plugins  are outdated. Are there up to date plugins available, or are the plugins, in the case of C4D and Maya, the Xfrog 5 for Maya and Xrog 4.4 for C4D?

Also, I am aware that Xfrog 3.5 exports RIB files. I am assuming that a RIB file can be generated from within the Xfrog 5 for Maya plugin when used along with the various Renderman plugins available (3Delight, Mayaman, etc).

neuspadrin

Quote from: xfrog on July 27, 2010, 02:51:22 PM
your bundle upgrade is $499 the new customer offer is $599 (one week discount off list price of $699)

I think he was more implying he just to upgrade to the plants (and just keep his current animation license only no new one). And since the Animation License is usually $399 and bundle $699 usually, that implies cost of plants to be ~$300 normally.  But to upgrade from the $399 package for an additional $499 to get thee plans puts the total cost at $898, instead of $699 with one original purchase -- but with an extra animation license they probably don't want/need.

Argopo

Quote from: xfrog on July 27, 2010, 03:03:35 PM
The 22 plant libraries on our website that are denoted as V. 2.0 are included in both bundles.   At some time later in the year we will offer an add-on package of the 6, V 3.0

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be looking forward to this offer.

xfrog

Thanks for your interest.  It is a very low cost way to get all 22 libraries and the amazing Terragen 2 !   You can never have too many seats of TG 2.

Quote from: Jose_Riveros on July 27, 2010, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: xfrog on July 27, 2010, 03:03:35 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be looking forward to this offer.

freelancah

Quote from: neuspadrin on July 27, 2010, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: xfrog on July 27, 2010, 02:51:22 PM

I think he was more implying he just to upgrade to the plants (and just keep his current animation license only no new one). And since the Animation License is usually $399 and bundle $699 usually, that implies cost of plants to be ~$300 normally.  But to upgrade from the $399 package for an additional $499 to get thee plans puts the total cost at $898, instead of $699 with one original purchase -- but with an extra animation license they probably don't want/need.

Yeah exactly but instead of plant bundle I was thinking bout the mega. The discount with my old version would cost the same as the new one with discount which sounds ridiculous since I can't sell my current license which would mean I have one extra license that I dont need..