You must see this, it will cheer you up!

Started by FrankB, July 29, 2010, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

latego

Quote from: Seth on July 31, 2010, 06:35:40 AM
Quote from: latego on July 29, 2010, 05:17:58 PM
What is that moron laughing about? there is nothing in life to laugh about, just letdowns, failures, pain, sickness and death.
go to a store to buy a rope, find a tree and hang yourself. End of pain.

I would have done so 5 years ago had I just a trace of balls. Unfortunately, I am a world class coward and so I can do nothing better than waiting for a disease or an accident to do the dirty job.

Hannes

Honestly, latego, if you really mean what you're saying (I still can't believe that!!), you should really try to get some help.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be offensive, but this is not normal.
Of course awful things happen in the world, but it won't get better with such an attitude.

I have a friend. She's about thirty years old. A few years ago they found a malignant brain tumor in her head. She had her surgery. They could remove about 60% of her tumor and she recovered from her desease. The rest of her tumor is still in her head, but doesn't seem to grow.
She is one of the strongest persons I know. She got back to work and was always happy and smiling, even with the thought that the tumor could start to grow again.
After her surgery she married and got pregnant. Everything was fine. She has a healthy little daughter and a loving husband.

Last year the doctors found out that she has breast cancer. Imagine that!!! No metastases, a completely different tumor!
She had to have a chemotherapy and of course another surgery.

She had lost all her hair but never her confidence. She's still happy and incredibly fit.

If there's one who would have to complain, then it would be her. I think we are all sissies, aren't we?

Laughing is very powerful and contagious as seen in the movie. When you laugh or cry you release a lot of endorphins. That doesn't change anything in things you're worrying about, but it helps you a lot coping with them.

Start thinking about your life. Is it really that miserable? If so, start doing something against it instead of whining that the world is such an evil place (sorry, a bit harsh, but I had to say that).

A nice movie. I know what it wants to say. But I think it is very hard for an actor to pretend laughing for such a quite long time. After a minute it as a little bit unnatural and annoying to me, but I liked the other people join in laughing.

Henry Blewer

I have a very frustrating job. I work at a YMCA as security/dorm watchman/therapist/mommy. The guys here are almost all stuck in adolescence. Some of these are in their 50's. Many are quite insane.
But they help me feel worthwhile. I am able to make their lives a little better. They help me feel I am doing something which is helpful.
What strikes me as wonderful is that all these guys are now mostly cheerful. Many came here at the bottom of despair; this is almost the last stop before being totally dysfunctional in society. After about a month they begin to feel good about themselves.
I would have never thought to see so many with absolutely nothing help each other out the way these guys do. It's what keeps me on track. It reminds me how lucky I am to have what I have. How lucky I am to have the skills I have. ( I know I am not the most skillful person in the world.)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T