night sky texture map data.

Started by bigben, August 01, 2010, 07:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

OK. Biting the bullet and rendering a 75 frame HD animation. trees and a lake, animated clouds and a camera pan to see how well it holds up.  Frame 1 will look something like this...

Kadri

Welcome back , Bigben  :)
How long does it take to render one frame? What's your computer specification ?

bigben

about 1.5 hrs.  1.5'ish million trees total, 3 tree models. 4 threads chewing up about 1.5Gb RAM

Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz, 8Gb RAM.

domdib

bigben

Had a look at 60frames as an animation and found a typo when I was setting up the rotation angles for the background, so there was a horrible jump at frame 30.  I badly wanted to tweak some of the timings as well so I've restarted the render and made it a bit longer.  Clouds were changing shape too slowly, waves, camera pan and star rotation were too fast... and while I have no moon in the shot, it is a moonlit scene... moon elevation goes from 30 to 0 which then meant tweaking the red decay to make it look more natural.

Also digging back into the memory banks, and I've recreated my progressive render generator in a database I made for my favourite commandline tools... slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Here's one with a low moon elevation (4.4°) ... oh yes.. extended the length to 300 frames.

bigben

On the home straight... working through the odd numbered frames now  ;)

domdib

Really looking forward to the finished product!

bigben

It will be Tuesday before I can upload it anyway. Only have a free vimeo account and I posted a real time lapse a couple of days ago.  Up to frame 111