WIP Glade

Started by ProjectX, March 14, 2007, 07:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectX

Copied from Ashundar forums (if you look there, no need to look here):

Here's my latest render, it only took 8 hours...

For some reason the trees and foreground are a lot darker than they appeared in photoshop. I'll have to manually brighten them up/re-render.

I'm also not sure what's going on with the ray colouring in this pic, could it be because I rendered using Oshyan's fill light set up?

Anyway, any crits? Suggestions?

helentr

I like the clouds and (slightly) multicolored rays.
As for the darkness: maybe increase the gamma in the camera?

Helen

Dark Fire

Quote from: helentr on March 14, 2007, 12:07:15 PM
I like the clouds and (slightly) multicolored rays.
As for the darkness: maybe increase the gamma in the camera?

Helen
I agree about the clouds and rays. Increasing the gamma in the camera will require a re-render. Any decent graphics program will have enough controls to brighten that image up.

ProjectX

Well I was counting on a re-render anyway, this is only a WIP.

3DGuy

If you save in EXR format, you can open that in photoshop and just adjust the exposure. Since it's a HDR format it won't decrease the quality.

child@play

hi!

adding a second sun could help here too, when it has low strength and 'cast shadows' , 'glow in atmosphere' and maybe 'visible disc' depending on the sun's heading, are deactivated.
when you re-render anyways, worth a try i'd say ;)

the clouds and the rays are really good as they are, loosing this special look because you change gamma or exposure, would be a pity imho.

cheers...
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

mrwho

3Dguy, I don't think you have to save in the EXR format to adjust the exposure (well, i've got CS2 and I don't have to, not sure about earlier versions)

3DGuy

EXR format has far greater dynamic range (it's a HDR format) than a BMP file. Try it. Render a dark scene. Save 2 versions and lighten the BMP version and adjust the exposure of the EXR version. You'll see the difference. That is because the BMP version is just one representation of all the exposure levels contained in the EXR version.