Making Gas Planets

Started by cbest, August 09, 2010, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbest

Sorry gregsandor, I'm still confused. Do you mean open the model outside of Terragen 2? Anyway, I opened it up in Terragen 2, but it looks like any other obj: with the four tabs: Transform, Angular Position, Surface Shaders, and OBJ Options.
Terragen: the universe in 56 kilobytes.

gregsandor

Yes, open it outside of Terragen.  What does it look like?   When you look at it in TG does the wireframe look correct or only a box?

cbest

Well, when I open it in TG2, I just see an opaque box. But...how do you open it outside TG2? You mean actually click on the OBJ? If I do that, it just says that it can't open it; it must know what program created it. So I don't exactly know how to open it outside of Terragen 2.

gregsandor

Go to www.anim8or.com and download the program  http://www.anim8or.com/download/preview/anim8or_v097d_preview.zip

Open your .obj model and see what it looks like.

cbest

It seems to be the right thing. When I open it, it seems to be looking right at the engines of the ship.

gregsandor

Did you use anim8or to open it?

cbest

gregsandor

render it in terragen and post a screenshot of your node network with the render.

warnerbrown

Funny, I'm getting one of my friends into Terragen more. Yesterday he asked about creating gas planets. It seems pretty simple, but I'll have to direct him to this thread.

cbest

Thanks, how do you get a screenshot of your node network though, gregsandor?  ;)

gregsandor

Open your Photoshop or Paintshop.  Open Terragen.  Press PrtScrn on your keyboard, then go back to your paint program and Paste, then save it as a jpg.

cbest

Ugh! This is bad. I've opened Terragen 2 and Photoshop. I go to Terragen 2 and press Prt Sc. Then I go back to Photoshop and paste, but nothing happens! I've tried clicking on the node network and then doing it, but it still does not work. Can you tell me what's wrong?

cbest

Huh...so I tried getting a new ship, Friendship 7. It was also a cube! I opened it in Anim8or, and it sure was Friendship 7! So I don't know what to do. Maybe I just can't use these models. Anyway, try giving some advice on my most recent version of Gas Planet earlier in this thread.

gregsandor

Post your .tgd here (don't put any of the texture files or models or anything, just attach the tgd to your post).

cbest

Actually, when I put the object in the picture, it wasn't it my project. I simply opened Terragen 2 with nothing in it and put it the object. So I don't think it has anything to do with my project. It seems to be a problem with either the object or Terragen. Anyway, here is the project