http://dinjai.deviantart.com

Henry Blewer

Very nice fractals. ;D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

inkydigit

sweet displacements indeed!

jbest

Very nice canyon indeed. However I personally think the clouds don't fit the canyon.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

domdib

Excellent displacements.

Walli

the greens look strange in my eyes, but I might well be wrong!
Apart from that I like the shapes, colors and displacements.

Tangled-Universe

Cool canyon Martin :)
I especially like the canyon-shapes in the right-foreground section, nice stretchy fractal work there.
You might try break it up a bit more and fine-tune the displacements of the redirect-shader to make the outcrops less sharp.

Cheers,
Martin

choronr

I like this a lot; and, would like to see a bit of talus at the base of both sides of the canyon.

dandelO

Thanks, folks! :)

Walli, yup, the green is a bit extreme, isn't it? Too saturated. I should adjust that if I update it any.

Martin, I'll see about adjusting the displacement fractals a little, too.

Jbest, actually, I lifted the clouds out of an earlier low quality(piss-poor, I should add) test render, the image above was rendered without clouds, I just added them afterwards. Probably shouldn't have afterall. :D

I've never really done any procedural canyon setups before, this was pretty much my first attempt at a red-rock type scene from scratch. I'll tweak away a little, I'm offline at the moment so, it might be a while before I return...

Cheers again!

* Here's a wider version of the same setup as above.

[attachimg=#]

FrankB

Looks pretty cool Martin! I think most things have already been said about it, but maybe one suggestion: I think the intersection where the walls and the ground meet are not optimal. Actually there should not be a visible intersection. Maybe let the rubble from the ground run up the slope a little bit?

Cheers,
Frank

dandelO

I did have fake stones at one time on the ground, there's about 5 different floor crop renders from the project working-files, I removed all the stones and settled for just some more fractals on the floor.
It was fun to make a decent procedural canyon, first time's a practice, anyway. And TG2 renders, as we here all know, are NEVER finished... ;) I'll tear into it when I have some more oomph, my son was 9 yesterday and the adults decided it was also our party after the kids went to sleep! ::)

nethskie

amazing! i need more time to learn those things :D