Ivy generator

Started by helentr, March 15, 2007, 05:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor

Thanks for responses. But it is trial job, it is necessary to correct position of stones (they settle down unnaturally) further, color of leaves seems to me too bright. The greatest problem - it is very difficult to arrange object in the necessary place :( :( :(, it is very inconvenient to move object in space of a stage, a lot of time for achievement of good result leaves. Sometimes it seems, that they are in different coordinates at render camera ???.

ozijon

Just a ? when i put a file into the Ivy generator i grow it then save it and when i load it to tg2 just the Ivy comes out with no object am i missing somthing
                              Thank you
                                 John

rcallicotte

In the Ivy Generator you are only creating the ivy.  You then can import the object (separately) into TG2 and then the ivy object.  Then you must align the two objects inside of TG2.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mandrake

I ran a test and the leaves came out wrong. I switched the pics to converted tiffs in the multishader but,

Edit: I'm guessing now that I did not save the tiff correctly. The pic should be transparent aside from the leaf right? Any help out there with the conversion in photoshop?

king_tiger_666

when you open the ivy generator do any of you have a problem of not seeing the bottom right side under leaf probability?... how many settings are under there as it doesn't have a scroll bar >:(
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Mandrake

In the grow section I have 8 sliders and in the birth section I have 3 sliders.
It's almost like the vine is upside down. The test was at a fairly high setting, somewhere in the 8's.

king_tiger_666

so the last button is birth?... odd when i maximise it cuts the birth button off the screen...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Mandrake

When I double click the top of the window it max's correctly.

sonshine777

Quote from: Mandrake on March 23, 2007, 09:00:03 AM
I ran a test and the leaves came out wrong. I switched the pics to converted tiffs in the multishader but,

Edit: I'm guessing now that I did not save the tiff correctly. The pic should be transparent aside from the leaf right? Any help out there with the conversion in photoshop?

Photoshop should recognize the transparency in the .png file you just need to tell to use the transparent color when you save it as a .tif. Also make sure you use that same .tif as your "Opacity image" and that the "Use alpha channel" box is checked.

Mandrake

Thanks sonshine, I looked at the pic a 2n't time and realised what happened.
Transparency was not checked. Done deal thanks.

sonshine777

Great!  Have fun there are many way you can spice up a scene using it. I am currently working on one with the ivy climbing up the walls of an old ruin, I will post an image this evening. (currently at work)

Mandrake

sonshine, have you noticed that the bounding box and xyz arrows are out of sinc?

ozijon

hi how do we set up the node's has someone a pic of the node shader for the ivy
                                                            ???           
                                                    Thanks john

sonshine777

Quote from: Mandrake on March 23, 2007, 12:06:23 PM
sonshine, have you noticed that the bounding box and xyz arrows are out of sinc?

Depending on the model you grew the ivy on will determine the angle that it comes into TGTP
some of the Xfrog trees come into the ivy generator laying on their side. The ivy grows on them
ok but comes into TGTP rotated and enlaged in scale. What I had to do was rotate the ivy as
follows "x"= -90 "y"= 0 "z"= 90 and scale it to .25 on all axis'

Mandrake

Quote from: ozijon on March 23, 2007, 12:09:47 PM
hi how do we set up the node's has someone a pic of the node shader for the ivy
                                                            ???           
                                                    Thanks john
John, this is what worked for me.
1. make dir c:\tg2\landscape\obj\ivy\
2. In photoshop save the three png files as tiff files that are in the ivy\texture dir to the above dir.
    make sure you save the tif with transparency checked. ;)
3. make your ivy obj and save to #1
4. go to your ivy dir and edit the mtl file to reflect your new tiff files.
    If someone knows how to add and opacity section that will work in TG2 chime in.
5. start TG2 and add your ivy.obj.
6. Go to the multi shader for each leaf and copy the tiff file, go to the opacity tab and paste it in opacity image,
    check off use alpha channel, I set my opacity to 1.

I seem to have lost the top of my vines branches in this test. I changed the default bark to.