Reflectivity

Started by jbest, August 17, 2010, 02:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbest

Any idea how to make things reflective in Terragen 0.9? If it is not possible then I guess if I want to make any reflective things I have to make them in Terragen 2.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

gregsandor

What have you tried so far?  It is possible to "make things reflective in Terragen 0.9."

jbest

I tried making the smoothness of the terrain as smooth as I could get, but it still didn't get an glassy, icy look. I wasn't sure what else to do. When I meant "reflective" here, I meant "like ice."

Thanks
Jahnu
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

gregsandor

Start with water shader.  In it, reduce the waves and turbulence.  Reduce the transparency and depth.  Put it on your smooth terrain.

jbest

Is it possible to do this on vertical terrain?

gregsandor

jbest

The problem is ... how would you get the water on the vertical terrain?   :-\

gregsandor

If you really want ice on vertical surfaces use TG2.

jbest

dandelO

Hmmm, I can't remember there being a water shader in TG 0.9, just a 'water level'. But, yes, just use TG2!