Waterworld Eclipse

Started by nethskie, August 21, 2010, 10:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nethskie

my first try! just wanted to share :) i'll research on how to create better sun corona and create a new eclipse in a different scene. if someone can teach me to create a better sun corona in photoshop it will be great :D

click the image for larger view

Thanks for looking!

Edit: the deviation has been updated with a slightly better sun corona

Henry Blewer

I really like the color in the atmosphere left. The corona is very difficult to get right. I have never been able to make one this good.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

PG

It's damn impossible to do with pure terragen. I've tried everything with atmospheres, clouds, extra lights and combinations. The only system that comes close to working is using a thin, wide cloud layer that's stretched vertically but it only works at small levels, so you can't make a corona from it. Once you get beyond a certain height you get major artifacts and then it breaks completely.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

nethskie

@njeneb thanks! the raw terragen image i made is with brighter atmosphere and with 50% bright area and 50% dark area. i just made it darker so it can mimic real life camera shot of an eclipse but it still not that real looking because the perfect sun corona like the image below is very hard to recreate in photoshop for me  :(

@PG yes even a slight movement on my planet or the lightsource, the scene becomes fully bright or fully dark btw my work is not pure terragen it's mixed with photoshop it's a photomanipulation

Hetzen

You need to get that corona better, although you're not far off. There's a good plug-in for AFX called Trapcode Shine, which would really help you here. There are other volumetric simulators, but I'm not really familiar with them.

nethskie

i have updated the deviation upload with an image with a better corona! yehey! after a few tries and hours of research i manage to pull it off better than earlier thanks for looking guys thanks for the feedbacks!