UPDATE

Started by Costaud, March 15, 2007, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Thaks Matt and Jo

Seems faster and smoother so far. I havn't had time to explore more keep up the great work.
Now I've no excuse to not finish some renders ;)

Thans again

Mick

Moose

Thanks Planetside.

All of my ui redraw glitches seem to have gone (I'm on windows xp classic) except for the list view which still feels a little flaky - but I guess you're aware of that based on the wording in the change log.

Cheers agian! :)

RealUser

Great! Thanks for the quick update to the Planetside-Crew!
Oh no, no water transparency!  :'( ... ;-)
Seems to be a bit faster, smoother and more stable. Shader list problems are still there (whites out; no cut copy paste; move works just one time).
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

sandpiper6

I received the email to update my REGISTRERED version, but since I did that, on opening it keeps saying "free non-commercial version" despite the fact that the registration key is in the right folder..Why is that??

edlo

Quote from: sandpiper6 on March 16, 2007, 09:41:45 AM
I received the email to update my REGISTRERED version, but since I did that, on opening it keeps saying "free non-commercial version" despite the fact that the registration key is in the right folder..Why is that??
Did you uninstall the previous version ?
Did you downloaded from planetside email ?
Those two could be the problem you are experimenting  ;D

edlo

Brilliant thanks for the hard work I can say I am a satisfied customer and proud to be a part of the community that is evolving with TG2  ;D
Now the update doesn't say if multi core is now enabled but first I dont have 100% usage all the time and the render work seems to be evenly distributed between both cpu cores.

sandpiper6

Quote from: edlo on March 16, 2007, 11:09:38 AM

>Did you uninstall the previous version ?

Yep. Restarted the computer, too.  ???
>Did you downloaded from planetside email ?

Yep. Did it twice to be sure I have the right version. It says "DEEP" alright.

>Those two could be the problem you are experimenting  ;D

That ain't it.. :'( Thanks, anyway!  ;)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: sandpiper6 on March 16, 2007, 09:41:45 AM

Thats a weird problem....Mine worked great....I didnt even uninstall the previous version  :-\
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Quote from: edlo on March 16, 2007, 11:14:50 AM
Now the update doesn't say if multi core is now enabled but first I dont have 100% usage all the time and the render work seems to be evenly distributed between both cpu cores.

It's not yet.  I think that's what Matt is planning to start working on pretty soon.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

edlo

Quote from: sandpiper6 on March 16, 2007, 11:24:50 AM
Quote from: edlo on March 16, 2007, 11:09:38 AM

>Did you uninstall the previous version ?

Yep. Restarted the computer, too.  ???
>Did you downloaded from planetside email ?

Yep. Did it twice to be sure I have the right version. It says "DEEP" alright.

>Those two could be the problem you are experimenting  ;D

That ain't it.. :'( Thanks, anyway!  ;)

Maybe your key file its corrupted; you do have a safe copy somewhere? try replacing it, if not as a paying customer contact planetside.

edlo

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 16, 2007, 12:07:49 PM
Quote from: edlo on March 16, 2007, 11:14:50 AM

It's not yet.  I think that's what Matt is planning to start working on pretty soon.

;D then I wonder how, why or in what are both cores working on. I have nothing else working on that computer and if I stop the render both cpu cores go down to 5 % ???

bobbystahr

Woo Hoo, thanx Matt et al...just trying a restored .tgd....seems to be running quite well..will report better after making it junp thru some hoops... ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dark Fire

Quote(Deep Edition only) Command line arguments are working again. Command line rendering is possible.
I can't even test my own software. :'( >:(

David Burnett

How long should we wait before moaning about not receiving a Deep edition e-mail?

Oshyan

David, don't wait, email registrations@planetside.co.uk. If you haven't gotten it by now it probably got eaten by a spam filter or you weren't on the mailing list for some reason.

- Oshyan