Iceberg

Started by Martchi, August 26, 2010, 11:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martchi

Merci pour vos commentaires!
[attachthumb=#]

Henry Blewer

The water is good. The iceberg needs some translucency in places. I would make the very bottom, to a bout 1/2 meter, translucent also. The translucent parts would be a bluish color. Other than that, the icebergs geometry is great. I think the lighting is quite good also.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

Indeed, I like the lighting as well. The bergs are ZBrush? The front one needs some more smoothing IMO, as there are some triangles visible. I agree with Henry; some bluish base, some more 'wetness', and perhaps some glistening ice crystals (attach tiny fake stones + reflective shader).

domdib

Agree with the comments so far - and it might also benefit from softer shadows. Great work!

schmeerlap

Wonderfully formed iceberg. There's gonna be a big splash when the that bulbous overhang drops.
Echo above re some selective reflectivity; just above waterline, a bit of glisten here and there (not too much, mind).

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

inkydigit

very cool!
agree about translucency/glisten/specularity etc...good work!

chris_x422

Very nice atmospherics and environment set up.

If the model is imported from zbrush, I'd suggest using decimation master, from a higher subdiv level.
It preserves details really well.
If not terragen will still allow you to bring in much more detailed meshes, with higher poly counts.

Hope that helps a little.

Chris