Rendering Problem: Moon with Atmosphere

Started by WaLuigi, September 05, 2010, 07:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaLuigi

Good evening to everyone...
I started using terragen about a three month ago.
I'm trying to create a double moon dawn, with the sun behind the camera and the two Moons in front of it.
The biggest moon has an atmosphere.
The problem is simple: how can I make clouds to be seen from the main planet? ??? No attempt has been successful...
I've attached my .tgd file, with a rendering prewiew
Hoping for a detailed and understandible answer.

Waluigi

cbest

Uh, do you mean you just want to make clouds?
Terragen: the universe in 56 kilobytes.

WaLuigi

Quote from: cbest on September 06, 2010, 12:22:24 AM
Uh, do you mean you just want to make clouds?
Hi.
My purpose is to create an atmosphere on the bigger moon: I'd like to see its surface... Like looking at Earth from the surface of the Moon...

Kevin F

still not clear what you want - is it  an atmosphere (clouds) or surface features or both?

schmeerlap

You had your Erdinox atmosphere in the main (home) planet atmosphere section. To get atmosphere and clouds on your other planets, click on the Objects button, select the planet (Erdinox) by clicking on it, and at the parameters input box at the bottom create your new atmosphere or cloud layer by inserting it in the Atmosphere Shader input box as I've illustrated with the yellow highlight. Over in the nodes window you'll see (circled in red) that I have already created atmosphere and cloud shaders for Erdinox, just connect the Planet Atmosphere node to the Erdinox object node. To add the clouds shader to the atmosphere shader I had to add/create it in the nodes window and then hook it on to the Planet atmosphere node.
Hope that has been of some help.

BTW, your tgd opened with an error message because of a parse error (you had one of those "ae" joined characters (I can't recall offhand what it's called) in a shader name (Laertes) which caused the error).

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.