WIP: My Backyard

Started by dhavalmistry, March 16, 2007, 11:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

This isnt what my backyard looks like (although I wish it did), but a good exercise

I need a suggestion here....the grass on the left is imported OBJ and the grass on the right is TG2's native grass clumps

which one do I use??..

Also this is Work in progress so there is a lot more stuff coming onto this....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

nvseal

I say use the grass on the left. Looks good too. I look forward to the finished image. :)

joshbakr

I like the one on the left most, just wondering what it would look like if you did a mixed population of both grass tgos  with a little breakup on each to give some variation of high and low grass patches for realism. Just a thought.   :P

old_blaggard

The grass on the left looks a bit too busy, and TG2's grass looks a bit too flat.  Try using populations of each mixed together, with each individual population having a lower object spacing, but totaling the same density of grass.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 16, 2007, 12:13:10 PM
The grass on the left looks a bit too busy, and TG2's grass looks a bit too flat.  Try using populations of each mixed together, with each individual population having a lower object spacing, but totaling the same density of grass.
I agree - mixing the populations could produce a cool effect, and would certainly make the grass look more real (more texture, size and shape variations).

dhavalmistry

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 16, 2007, 12:13:10 PM

ya no matter what I do...I cant get the grass on the right side to rise up!!... :-\

An HQ update
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

It's really coming along.  I think all you've got to do is add a little bit more detail here and there and you will have an awesome render.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

I agree - great progress!

rcallicotte

Nice.  Nice.  Take your time to make it beautiful. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ramblerette

Quote from: dhavalmistry on March 16, 2007, 11:47:41 AM
This isnt what my backyard looks like (although I wish it did), but a good exercise

I need a suggestion here....the grass on the left is imported OBJ and the grass on the right is TG2's native grass clumps

which one do I use??..

Also this is Work in progress so there is a lot more stuff coming onto this....
hi,about grass ...i prefer the  one  on the right
get posts and letters,and make friends with speed:
never so few,and never yet more need
W.S