z4

Started by rcallicotte, September 08, 2010, 11:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Seth

daaaaaaamn !!!
I need to rob a bank to buy this goddamn software !!!

rcallicotte

It even has a somewhat limited animation feature.

Just save your money or sell some TG2 art - you're talented!

jbest

I'd certainly never be able to afford that thing.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

airflamesred

[quote I'd certainly never be able to afford that thing.[/quote]

Pixologic also have sculptris which I think is still free.

dandelO

Yes, it's free, for now...
Sculptris is very cool, a bit glitchy, I can make it crash an awful lot but, very cool, indeed.

I tried the Zbrush trial version before, v3.something, my sweet jeezus, could I figure out the UI? Not in a thousand years! It looks like such a cool app' but I'd need longer than 30 days to work it all out and I don't have the time, or money, for that.

PabloMack

Quote from: dandelO on September 08, 2010, 08:21:02 PM
I tried the Zbrush trial version before, v3.something, my sweet jeezus, could I figure out the UI? Not in a thousand years!

A lot of people have expressed that ZBrush is difficult to figure out. That's why I looked at Modo instead. The consensus seems to be that ZBrush has more bells and whistles but Modo has a more logical work flow with more flexibility for building your tools from primitives. I bought Modo 401 a few weeks ago and I am climbing a steep learning curve. I have to say that I am still satisfied with my choice. 

FrankB

It sure is impressive, but I lack a vision of what I would do with this software, artistically. I like my landscapes more :D

Walli

you can sculpt landscapes. Of course you mostly see character work, but yu can create terrains and bring them to other apps.

rcallicotte

Check out some of these videos - Version 4.0 is the best release yet and the interface is very easy...has a quick learning curve and crashes less than Modo (I own it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZ0VGKg-lg&feature=related

With the new ShadowBox, UV Master and Lightbox, you can create a small object for TG2 with a UV and texture with all of the additional options of sculpting it as well.  Check out the videos.   8)

rcallicotte

Here are some quality tutorial videos showing how easy and magnificent this new version of zBrush is -

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

PabloMack

Quote from: calico on September 09, 2010, 07:23:24 AM
Check out some of these videos - Version 4.0 is the best release yet and the interface is very easy...has a quick learning curve and crashes less than Modo (I own it).

Which version of Modo do you have?  401? ZBrush seems to be less expensive than I thought.

rcallicotte

Hi Pablo.  Yes, I have 401 sp5.  Modo is stable.  But, I have never crashed zBrush 4.0 in all of the times I've used it and Modo has crashed a couple of times (probably related to memory or something goofy I tried).