First night scene (Updated)

Started by mrwho, March 16, 2007, 02:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

I kinda like it. the moon is postwork, but I used a planet to illuminate the scene. I think the light source needs to be stronger do bring out more details, and I don't really like the clouds (why aren't they in front of the moon when I rendered it?) comments/critiques appreciated!

Dark Fire

The image looks like it has the potential to be amazing...but it is far too dark. Use an external program to brighten it up.

Will

I agree with Dark fire, a little too dark but has great potential. Nice moon BTW.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

mrwho

thanks, I liked the idea I had. I did use Photoshop to brighten it, but I wanted it to look like night (as opposed to almost morning, or evening) so I didn't do too much to it. I'm working on lighting it better now

Mr_Lamppost

I like it dark, it's night.  :)

I have not tried it in TG2 but in version 0.9 I found that adjusting the exposure in the camera often gave more realistic results than post processing.

What did you do to get a extra light source? I get the "Red Scene" every time I try.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

mrwho

funny u should mention that, it was working fine but now i get the red screen thing, not sure what the issue is exactly...  I'm using another light source (not sunlight, the other one) to light the scene

mrwho

ok, finally an update to this (been working on other stuff). It's been giving me a lot of issues, mostly the dreaded red screen. It turns out that at it's current settings, it goes red if the detail is b/w .5 and .7. It can't be an issues with the RAM, b/c I've done more complex scenes with no problems. Anyways, here's a render at .36 detail. This time, I had the candle light as a visible object, and the tree looks different (leaves) even though I didn't really change anything else.

Dark Fire

That's much better - I can see the tree quite well now...

Will

much better! great job! :)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

mrwho

thanks. Why aren't there clouds in front of the moon? Is it just because ther really aren't any there, or is that an issue with planets?

Oshyan

MrWho, I can't see the clouds in your image at all (it's pretty dark, though it looks nice), but planets should render properly behind clouds. If you've made the planet luminous that may be involved in the problem.

- Oshyan

mrwho

when you can't see stars, that's where teh clouds are (or tree) The moon is luminous, so I guess that's why