Lambert Shader help

Started by mrwho, March 16, 2007, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

I just can't get it to work. I'm trying it with the default grass, and nothing happens. It's at a value of 100 (so I canreally tell if it works) and no matter what part of the shader I plug it into, nothing happens. what do i do?

sonshine777

I had to plug it in "before" the default shader through the internal network for the grass object.
So basically you plug the Lambert onto the shader port and the Default shader into the input of the Lambert shader.

mrwho

mrwho

ok, i can change the color of the grass, but not quite what I was after. I want the grass to look more natural, like sunlight (or moonlight) passing through it. It's for my night scene in the Image Sharing section. I'd like it to look like the attached pic (the .05 value). The screen capture is my current settings

Oshyan

That was done using the Translucency slider in the Default Shader, not a Lambert Shader.

- Oshyan

mrwho

oh, he said he used a lambert shader.

oh well, thanks for the help!

EDIT: following the setting of .05, it looks nothing like it. And my 1 looks like his 10, so I'm missing something really, really obvious here

sonshine777

Here Is the setup I use and it work fairly well. Like everything with TGTP there are 50 ways to most things and get similar results.

I used these settings [attachthumb=#]
to get this render [attachthumb=#]

old_blaggard

Looks like someone used the ivy generator ;).  Nice job overall.  I still think a little more light should be coming through the leaves.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 16, 2007, 11:08:48 PM
Looks like someone used the ivy generator ;).  Nice job overall.  I still think a little more light should be coming through the leaves.

Yeah I agree It seems to be a balancing act between getting good light passing through the leaves when the light is behind and the white specks that show up on the leaves that are reflecting the light. When I turn up the Lambert shader to get more translucent leaves, the white specks get more pronounced in an unnatural way. So I am still learning. Also the tree I used was a red oak so the leaves were a little dark to begin with, but it's the one that I grew the Ivy on so I used it.