Render Times

Started by Caramel, March 16, 2007, 11:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradient

@Oshyan;
I had indicated in another thread earlier on...that I had already taken a break from TG2.  In fact it has been almost 2 months since my last render.
I do however take the time to follow progress on this board....when I saw that an update was available, you will note that one of my first questions was whether or not render times changed.  Although I wasn't expecting any optimization yet...I certainly didn't expect things to go the other way...at least by the amounts folks here have indicated.
In my testing of the original T2TP version, the crashes and bugs were far less of a problem to me than the render speed.

You said;
"there is little use in following the every development of the program and being upset when it doesn't go in the direction you want it to."

Well, it seems that your statement should not be focussed at me alone...as this thread shows, there are many more sophisticated testers who seem to be "surprised" at the increased render times.  If you lose the backing of those folks...that would not be good....

As for the final version being "for me", yes I understand that if I want to use the program it will require hardware upgrades on my part. That is something I will need to wrestle with.

In the meantime, I still plan to follow progress here....I hope you do not mind.

Oshyan

Gradient, I certainly don't mind you following the developments. In fact we are glad to have people so interested in the progress of the product. I only hope people - many besides yourself included, of course - will keep in mind the in-development nature of the product and that some "backward steps" are going to happen. What matters of course is the final result. Only time will tell us how well it turns out. ;D

- Oshyan