Terranuts Website

Started by sonshine777, March 18, 2007, 02:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Has anyone heard what may have happened to the Terranuts Website?
I won't let me login and it only shows a handful of members. I know there are
a few terranuts that browse these pages as I do and thought you may have heard something.

king_tiger_666

down for maintenance ? it doesn't load for me so probably server issues

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Rids

It was hacked at 7:30am CST yesterday. Some (insert expletive) ran queries on the member's database and removed all of the members, basically destroying the whole site. This wasn't some security highlighting exploit, it was purely malicious and destructive. I am in the process of restoring from backups so only some 6 hours should be lost. I will however, need to change all of my passwords because the hacker somehow gained access to my super-admin account. I am hopeful that I will get the site back up and running at some point today.

Will

damn, why do people do this type of stuff (besides taking information) is there any reason to be so destructive?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

just a few weeks ago some Turkish hacker, hacked something like 20000 websites in 1 day hosted by my old isp and replaced all the front pages with hacked by so and so....  caused all sorts of mayhem... shows what sort of life some people have

Will

Well I mean the goverment can do that that without screwing up the sites so why does the destruction of information really help anyone? I mean tagging is bad but if you just put your name as the homepage then some can use a back-up but when you delet an entirememer base thats going to far.

Regards,

Will

king_tiger_666

this was total deletion of websites.  and the isp didn't have backups as I guess it relied on the user... some web designer got a email from a business wanting to know if he had a copy of their site he had designed 6 months prior.... lol.... now that's really got to hurt

Will

oh man, well I guess its basically what you said these people really need to get a *little* more social, for example I went to to movies and saw 300 with my friends. This a a non-destrucrtive way to be happy and does not come with the fear of being traced.

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

Most hackers are failed programmers. That's why they tend to delete a lot of things and cause mayhem.

child@play

Quote from: Dark Fire on March 18, 2007, 08:21:52 AM
Most hackers are failed programmers. That's why they tend to delete a lot of things and cause mayhem.

;D would make a nice signature
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out

Will

its asking for these fourms to be hacked though.

Regards,

Will

Dark Fire

Perhaps that would be a good display name on an instant messaging system (but perhaps not, if some of your contacts are hackers)...

sonshine777

Quote from: Rids on March 18, 2007, 07:11:59 AM
It was hacked at 7:30am CST yesterday. Some (insert expletive) ran queries on the member's database and removed all of the members, basically destroying the whole site. This wasn't some security highlighting exploit, it was purely malicious and destructive. I am in the process of restoring from backups so only some 6 hours should be lost. I will however, need to change all of my passwords because the hacker somehow gained access to my super-admin account. I am hopeful that I will get the site back up and running at some point today.

Thanks Rids I figured it was some kind of crash, I wish it hadn't been a hacker though. Don't you wish you could put some kind od hack activated virus on your server that would wipe out the hackers machine? ;D

Volker Harun

Just to point on one thing: To hack a site has the purpose of showing security issues (hackers)
To crack a site has the destructive/spying component (Cracker)

Will