Bavarian Sky (was: WIP Alarm Part 2)

Started by FrankB, October 29, 2010, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I like the clouds in the 2nd render better also. The only part about the clouds in the 2nd render is they seem too yellow; could be the sun/horizon angle. I do like the ground/objects lighting in the last render better.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

Thank you all for your comments. I think I can agree to most of them. It's quite difficult to get it right becuase I've been working on this scene on and off, but in total for so long, that my desired "ideal" keeps changing :)

In the end, bottom line, I like the second one best. Maybe if I feel like up to it I just take the settings from the second scene and add the "new" foreground elements to it, and do a last render.

In any case thanks for being with me on that little creative journey :)

Cheers,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

Sounds like a very good idea to me Frank, just port the lighting settings to your latest scene and render it out :)
I don't know about your rendersettings but you might try a  bit more samples in the clouds for the real final, as the previous ones were still a tad grainy.
Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the result!

Cheers,
Martin

Oshyan

Thanks for letting us go on the journey with you Frank. I love that all the artists here, no matter their level of skill and experience, are open to feedback and input, and will test and evolve a scene essentially in cooperation with the community. The end results aren't always for the better, sometimes one might say the artist's independent vision can get compromised, but overall I think there's a lot of value and learning inherent in this approach. Good stuff.

- Oshyan

FrankB

You're welcome, Osyhan. To me that's part of the fun, no, it's more fun sometimes to share a part of the creative process with the community. True is that incorporating input from others can lead you down the "wrong" road, confusing your vision, but normally these are just slight deviations which sometimes even show you new ways that you may actually like. I love the saying that "the journey is the reward". I find it's quite true.

Oshyan

Dune

QuoteI love the saying that "the journey is the reward". I find it's quite true.
Very true!