El Lobo es Perdido

Started by choronr, September 01, 2010, 02:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

The Wolf is Lost...

The terrain is a 513 .ter file of 'Moonlight Peak CA' that I have used a number of times both in Terragen Classic and TG2.
Additional elements used are:

•   Wolf model from a friend which he posed for the howl.
•   Three populations of Walli's Dry Shrubs models available at NWDA.
•   One population of 'Red Oak; no leaves' model  by Mr_Miley available at the Planetside Forum.
•   One population of 'Graz7' grass model  by klas available at the Planetside Forum.

I like the results of the klas' grass model in that it is soft and a great filler between the other elements. Render time was 14.03.40.

Enjoy,

Bob

Kadri

Nice image ,Bob! Looks realistic to me  :)

Only the Wolf looks more like a statue. If you can change the skin-hair part it would look much better maybe.

Cheers!

domdib

Bob, what's the bush on the far left? It looks really good in this light. I'm afraid that the wolf model looks a bit plasticy, but I'm sure that making hair for it would be a major undertaking.

choronr

Quote from: Kadri on September 01, 2010, 03:13:53 PM

Nice image ,Bob! Looks realistic to me  :)

Only the Wolf looks more like a statue. If you can change the skin-hair part it would look much better maybe.

Cheers!
Thanks Kadri,

Not much experience with models; but, I think maybe I should have changed the hair color to a bit more tan/brown.

choronr

Quote from: domdib on September 01, 2010, 03:15:22 PM
Bob, what's the bush on the far left? It looks really good in this light. I'm afraid that the wolf model looks a bit plasticy, but I'm sure that making hair for it would be a major undertaking.
Thanks for your visit Dom,

The far left bush is a member of a population of Walli's Dry Shrubs. Its color is actually green as it appears elsewhere. On the far left, it is directly against the brightest area and shows its translucency. 

Henry Blewer

The subject is wonderful. There is something I notice in my renders also, the pointism (don't have a better word for it). The pixels in the image sometimes take a roughness so they don't seem to blend correctly. I wish I knew how to stop this; it does not help when trying for a photoreal image.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Volker Harun

I really like those areas where the vegetation is filling the areas, else the background surface does not really match with the far distance bushes, it has too much contrast, sharpness.
In my opinion, the wolf blends quite good with the other objects, it is not 100% photorealistic, but I like it.
I know, that blending objects with each other and with the surface is a tough job (guess why you do not see many renders from me with objects ;) ) Maybe adding another population with the grass for the background - smaller, higher object spacing, less saturated colours, would do the job.

,-) Volker

Oshyan

The wolf seems to be specular (plastic-looking). I think with a simple dark gray coloration, maybe with a bit of variation using a Power Fractal, it would look better. The rest of the scene looks great to me, the vegetation and lighting are particularly nice.

- Oshyan