squariness

Started by Que, March 18, 2007, 09:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

ive recently done this picture on 2 differnt pcs just incase mine was on its way out or sumot lol
but it seems to happen on both so im wonderin if its a clitch with the preveiw or maybe someone knows why its happened but ..well plain to see ive got blockiness in me clouds to the top left n a lil on the right i think but ..well anyone any ideas how it happened as ive done a few cloud renders an all turned out ok :)

Cyber-Angel

Que,

This is a well known issue and is caused by the acceleration cache, try turning this option off seems to be the advice and re-render but be prepared for extended render times.

I haven't used clouds since I got the update, which apparently has fixed the blockyness with the acceleration cache, but as yet I haven't looked into this.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

dhavalmistry

I thought they removed/reduced the blockiness in the update or am I wrong??....

Nice render by the way!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Que

hey thanks for the quick replys guys i'll give it a go ..need to work out where it is first but i'll find it lol

and thanks for the comments on the actual pic guys :)

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: dhavalmistry on March 18, 2007, 09:51:24 PM
I thought they removed/reduced the blockiness in the update or am I wrong??....

Nice render by the way!

I have the update as mentioned: but haven't got round to using the clouds yet to attest to weather or not the blockiness has been removed or not, maybe some one could do a test to be sure and post the results!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Oshyan

Que, are you using the updated version of TG2 (released a few days ago)? In TG2 go to Help->About Terragen 2 and report the build number listed after "Terragen 2 Technology Preview 1". It should be 1.8.76.0.

If you are in fact using the latest version then it would be helpful for us to have this scene for further testing on this issue. As the change log for the latest version indicates some work was put into resolving this blockiness issue with the acceleration cache, but some problems may remain.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

Those blocks almost look good. As a consequence, I have a name for the image: Real world vs Digital world...

Que

hmmmm ok now im lost lol..new version ...ang on i need a drink  ::)

Que

Hi Oshyan im not totally sure what version i made the picture with i think its 1.8.64.0 that ive been using...only today have i formatted this pc im on and just downloaded the new preveiw as i didnt no there was one and the build number on this is the 1.8.76.0 version.

im going to give it anther go on this version cus i tried turning the accelaration cach off and it seemed to ...well it stopped the blockiness but turned it into more of a dripping paint kinda effect lol..so here the file incase ya want to look at it anyhow but i'll let you know how it turns out on this new version.

Thanks for the help guys
Quent.