Bavarian Sky (was: WIP Alarm Part 2)

Started by FrankB, October 29, 2010, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Quote from: inkydigit on October 31, 2010, 04:38:20 PM
Quote from: FrankB on October 31, 2010, 03:21:49 PM
anyone know some decent boat models? Kajaks maybe?
what about these frank, they should fit in nicely!
http://www.terragen.org/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item333

yeah thanks these should fit the scene nicely ;-)

dandelO

Very nice, Sir! Sonshine777 made a couple of beautiful canoes and uploaded them to Ashundar a while ago, here's his link. You can't really see the thumbnail, here's a bit of a better view in a render I used one in... Beached.

dandelO

Beat me to it, J! :)

* Doh, never realised there was a page 2 when I posted, I looked at the last post times just now and it appears you didn't just 'beat me to it' at all, Inky.
Sorry, Frank. :D

choronr

I like what you've done here Frank. The only thing that may add some additional wow might be a break of the sun through the diffused clouds lighting up the area of interest.

freelancah

Very nice work! I must admit there's something in the first one I like more. Probably the the overall feel of the atmosphere, I think.

Jack

radical looking clouds man! love the post work on the second render dull seems beautiful!
would you please make a tutorial on making clouds like these it would be really cool to see how the masters make em!
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Dune

I think you'd need to lighten up the scene radically. Also, if you lighten up the sky you push the cloud formation a bit back, and make it more photorealistic. The cloud is great, but gets less 'real' if it's to prominently contrasted against the sky. IMHO, that is.

FrankB

Hey thanks everyone!

@Bob: nice idea. It's probably not so easy to do, I don't think I'm going to try it this time, as it would just change the image appearance too much.

@freelancah: I hear you - I thought the same.

@Jack: it's really just the cumulus pack  V2 from NWDA, with an extra, lower, softer layer added to the fat cumulonimbuses. But there is also another technique used that is not available yet to everyone.

@Ulco: lighting-wise, I'm attempting to create an image like a camera would expose for it. I've attached an example photo for you. If you expose for a sky like this, the ground gets dark, up to being black. My render is already quite HDR compared to this :)
I know you like low-contrast images, but then, you rarely make scenes where you expose for the sky with a very bright cloud, which is quite a game changing constraint :)

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

I liked the first one, since TG2's lighting doesn't quite have the radiance threshold as reality.  Not saying we can't someday either figure it our or get better cloud lighting.  But, this is good.  I especially like your clouds.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dune

I get the idea, Frank. Go for it!

FrankB

here's a more advanced version...

Naoo

Hi FrankB

Outstanding Clouds.
I like the path with the big rock!

ciao
Naoo

Seth

nice light on the clouds Frank ^^