Terragen 2 - invisible buttons

Started by piotr_mil, November 05, 2010, 09:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piotr_mil

Hi! I have just installed Terragen 2 and to my amusement... I have some problem with its GUI... The buttons and dialogue boxes are invisible.... I mean they do "exist" (you can still use them), but you just don't see them. Futhermore, the main toolbar just doesn't exist... (you can see "Planetside forums" black logo through it). How can I fix that?
(Sorry if this is a common problem, I'm a newbie)
P.s. Yes, I tried reinstalling and stuff..

Oshyan

Hello Piotr, that's definitely not normal behavior. Can you tell us more about your system - operating system, graphics card, CPU, RAM? Are you using any kind of "theming" software or alternate shell?

- Oshyan

piotr_mil

I'm using Windows Xp Media Center, 1 GB Ram, CPU  - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, 2793 MHz, graphic card - integrated (Aida says this: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family), but you know what... this is irrelevant...

I just wanted to write that I haven't experimented with any kind of theming programs, when I realised that I DID change my default windows theme. Granted, I just turned off all those colorful xp elements, but it still counts as "theme modyfing". So I changed back to default "blue" XP theme and.... the buttons reappeared. But wait! There's more: when I changed back again to MY theme settings.... the buttons didn't disappear.

So... yeah, thanks for hinting me what to do, I hope this post might help someone else.   

Oshyan

Yeah, we've seen this kind of off behavior before. Often times simply "cycling" the theme as you did can fix it. I'm glad you got it worked out.

- Oshyan

airflamesred

Thats interesting, I had the same problem with dogwaffle.

Thanks