Lighting problem

Started by AnKOu, November 03, 2010, 03:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

I've been rendering more sides of your cube, but can't get it fixed yet, sorry :(
I keep on having little seams.

Pity is that I can't disable GI here because you used quite funny settings for your atmosphere.
In other words: you made it rely extremely on GI in regards to the colors of the atmosphere, but the subtle lighting in clouds isn't there at all since the clouds are not very dense, in a dense atmosphere, and more importantly in 2D.
So by design you could render this one without GI, since it wouldn't contribute much to your clouds anyway.

The only thing you could try is to reproduce the same type of atmosphere and cloud with the usual sane settings. By that I mean not to derive too much from the default settings. Then render that result without GI.

For starters you could use the default atmosphere and tweak the clouds in such a way that they are already quite faint. Then reduce the exposure of your camera and render.

Martin

AnKOu

Yes I have to do without GI, thanx a lot for explanations :)

AnKOu

Finaly, I succeed to get the result I wished by playing with ambiant and fake dark power tweak.

I'm pretty happy, thanx to everyone who helps me, especially Tangled-Universe :)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: AnKOu on November 05, 2010, 08:42:38 PM
Finaly, I succeed to get the result I wished by playing with ambiant and fake dark power tweak.

I'm pretty happy, thanx to everyone who helps me, especially Tangled-Universe :)

You're welcome. Using fake dark power was a smart move :)
If you'd like could you show the final result? Always nice to see :)

Cheers,
Martin

AnKOu

Here is the final render

http://uppix.net/b/0/e/94786a9da5caecf95d5a25747a282.png

Maybe too blue, I should change the blue saturation.

And if you want to see more about our project :

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dniepr

freelancah

The way you can fix seams easily is f.e. use HDRshop to convert to equitangular format then you can clonestamp the seams away in photoshop. Its fast and efficent. Then you can just convert back to boxes..