My first attepts

Started by VorpalBlade, March 20, 2007, 02:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VorpalBlade

Hello all,

Just wanted to post my first attempts. These are pretty much fumblings that turned out somewhat nicely. I hope to get better as time goes by and I learn more...

VorpalBlade

another...

VorpalBlade

another...

VorpalBlade

another...

VorpalBlade

and another...

dhavalmistry

Not bad for a first timer...they are actually good....just a little bit of work on surfacing and you will be set...

just a tip tho....you can attach more than one pic in a post....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

VorpalBlade

Thank you :) The attachment restrictions said 512K was the max, two of the images would be over the limit (unless that info is out of date).

dhavalmistry

No the info is correct....are you uploading jpg's or bmp's??
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I really like your Hidden Valley picture.  You're off to a good start. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Those aren't bad for first renders. It looks like you're on the right track so far :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

The renders looking down from above the clouds are very good - they look very similar to the view from a plane.

VorpalBlade

Quote from: dhavalmistry on March 20, 2007, 11:07:33 AM
No the info is correct....are you uploading jpg's or bmp's??

I'm uploading JPGs. But they were rendered at 800 x 600. I guess if I post alot of pics ill reduce the sizes.

Thank you all for the comments :) I'm woking on adding image shaders now. I'm loving this program.

Oshyan

I'd suggest simply compressing your .jpg images more. Depending on what program you're using to create them, it should be fairly easy to get smaller files with still high quality. An 800x600 image shouldn't need to be more than 150-200kb for good quality.

- Oshyan

Dark Fire

I hate JPEG compression. Not a lot of free programs give you much choice about the amount of compression and JPEG artifacts look horriffic in my opinion...

I love the way you lot are all avoiding typing JPEG by opting for JPG instead - the people who created the standard were experts, and the long life of the '.jpg' image format has proved that.

Oshyan

I'm referring literally to the extension .jpg, which is far more common than .jpeg. ;)

JPEG compression can easily be minimized and still achieve good compression as long as you use the right tools. Photoshop's "Save for Web" does a great job, for example.

- Oshyan