First Planet

Started by mr-miley, March 20, 2007, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi there all.

Thought I'd post this. Its not great, but it is my first attempt at a planet so......

Stars were done with Universe in Corel Photopaint (a real bitmap editor  ;) )

I love the smell of caffine in the morning

dhavalmistry

very nice clouds on the main planet....and the moon looks more like planet Neptune (except the clouds)

good job...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Your clouds do look pretty good - I really like the way they swirl a bit.  Nice job!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

I agree - to me those planets look like Earth and a partially terraformed Mars...

Will

Nice job, did you use the planet shader?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Nice clouds, especially if you used the Planet Shader.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mr-miley

Sorry guys for not replying, been running round like a headless chicken at work and home, hence only had time for reading, not replying  > :(

Thanks for the comments. Yeah the "moon" does look more like a planet than a moon  :D my fault for leaving too much atmo on it I think. That was done with a planet shader. The planet was done with a fractal terrain, and a planet surface shader. The clouds I did myself with a Cirrus and an altocumulus. Finaly starting to get the hang of fractal based shaders. Its the scale thing I always have trouble with, cause I find it so difficult to measure anything without a propper plan view (yeah I know I can set up a pointing down camera etc.... but I'm lazy :) )

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning