Started by fmtoffolo, March 20, 2007, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmtoffolo

This is a new image i've been working on this afternoon
enjoy
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

old_blaggard

Great image!  That water really looks transparent.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Very nice!  I like the work you've done to make an island.  What is the green moss like substance hanging around in the air?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

The water shading is quite effective... but it does seems to imply that the shoreline should be relatively flat so the (nice) island seems a little mismatched.  

A slight darkening of the surfaces just above the water line will also help to give the impression of a wave zone on the island. Without any variation the island seems to be stuck on top of the water.

fmtoffolo

@Calico: do you mean the palm trees?

@Bigben: I know what you mean about the "wave zone". I tried using a darker color for it, but also wanted it to be somwhat reflective to give the impression of wetness. But instead of getting the dark color with just highlights(specularity) i got a lighter color that ruined the effect...

After that i just rendered it without that layer.
But right now i'm working on a new version with something similar to what i want and a nicer island with a beach(hopefully) and a better "transparency" effect.

Thanks for the comments!
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

rcallicotte

No.  It might be monitor (I'm using a borrowed one for awhile), but it looks like little pieces of green moss floating in the air like a slightly green mist all above the lighter blue water.

Quote from: fmtoffolo on March 20, 2007, 09:32:47 PM
@Calico: do you mean the palm trees?

bigben

Loking up real close I see that there are glitches due to a known rendering problem with shallow water/high camera position which are small gaps in the water

Dark Fire

That's a funny little island. Perhaps you could squeeze a small hut onto it, complete with a crazy lone islander...

ProjectX

ole H. T. Marley up to his tricks again?

rcallicotte

...and a little annoying monkey.

Quote from: Dark Fire on March 21, 2007, 02:44:57 PM
That's a funny little island. Perhaps you could squeeze a small hut onto it, complete with a crazy lone islander...