Brachiosaurus

Started by rcallicotte, March 20, 2007, 07:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Cool!  That's a pretty interesting model - I hadn't really thought of incorporating animals into TG renders....
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Oshyan

The model turned out surprisingly good. You don't see the normal faceted appearance, at least as far as I can tell. Very nice.

- Oshyan

mrwho

i like it. Oshyan, about that. will TG2 be able to display round surfaces correctly (regarding the imported obj) b/c now when you render them, round/curved surfaces aren't like how they appear in othe 3d applications

fmtoffolo

the model is very nice. did u model it or someone else?
The terrain part..its well done, but kinda boring
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I didn't model it.  A guy named Chris who goes by the name of ExpressionImage and has a site here - http://www.expressionimage.com made it.  He's very very good at modeling and very good at texturing.  I'm glad it came out like it did and glad some people liked it.

His other models are extraordinary as well and he stands out from the pack of Poser modelers, etc.  Very talented (if I didn't say that already  ;D )

Quote from: fmtoffolo on March 20, 2007, 09:04:21 PM
the model is very nice. did u model it or someone else?
The terrain part..its well done, but kinda boring

Oshyan

Quote from: mrwho on March 20, 2007, 08:13:05 PM
i like it. Oshyan, about that. will TG2 be able to display round surfaces correctly (regarding the imported obj) b/c now when you render them, round/curved surfaces aren't like how they appear in othe 3d applications
Proper smooth rendering of objects will be available in a future release, yes.

- Oshyan

king_tiger_666

Quote from: Oshyan on March 21, 2007, 01:40:00 AM
Quote from: mrwho on March 20, 2007, 08:13:05 PM
Proper smooth rendering of objects will be available in a future release, yes.

- Oshyan

Oshyan will tg2 have more compatibility with other 3d formats? 3ds, etc in future releases
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Oshyan

Compatibility with other object formats will be offered where possible, although it may be handled externally via plugins, developed by Planetside or 3rd parties. OBJ and LWO together cover a pretty wide part of the available object format standards in that most applications can load and save to one or the other or both. So as long as you have another 3D application - and you will generally need one to create and/or edit models anyway since TG2 will not be aimed at model editing - then you ought to be able to get objects into a format that TG2 can load.

- Oshyan

king_tiger_666

the obj support isn't the best yet, but if that improves to support more than 16 shaders then I guess that will do. ;D ;D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Will

nice, did you use the same technquie I used for the New Born Planet to make the lava?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Will, I'm not sure what you did.  I combined some elements in a Surface Layer and passed these into a Crater Shader.