Image file shaders - sizing and perspective

Started by VorpalBlade, March 21, 2007, 12:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VorpalBlade

I an having some difficulty finding how to get image file shaders to appear flat on the surfaces. The perspective seems to always be a flat on view of the image used. So if you are looking at a sloped surface relative to the POV the detail in the distance appears just as big as the detail close up.

Also if I zoom out, there is no resizing of the image to account for distance. Is there any way of changing this to look appropriate?

Notice the sand texture is repeated in a flat non-perspecitve manor and the rock grain appears larger on the rocks further away.

Oshyan

You are likely using "Through Camera Projection" when you want to be using "PlanY". If you do use "PlanY" you'll need to set the size of your texture appropriately, in meters.

- Oshyan

VorpalBlade

Thanks.

If I recall correctly when I set it to "PlanY" the texture went blank. I'm not at home, but I'll give it another go when I get there.

Oshyan

Most likely that's because the size and/or position were not set to the area which you were viewing. As I said you must set the size in meters.

- Oshyan