star trek model render

Started by king_tiger_666, March 20, 2007, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tiger_666

finally got it rendered after several crashes... first render with planet image map, starfield map, and strata " thanks to Jay's clip file" though the model has a lot of potential beyond this render ;D ;D ;D

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

old_blaggard

Nice render.  The ship is very well integrated.  I like the background planet too.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Que

very cool ..i can never get any colour atall on objs ive had thats well nice  :)

king_tiger_666

yeah terragen 2 is very picky about obj textures... I have converted the voyager model from max into obj and 3dsmax opens the obj and renders it fine fully textured and so does poseray, but terragen 2 doesn't render any textures..

DiscoBall

Hmm that's weird..

I've been experimenting a lot lately with objects being added, and seeing as how your star trek model is so highly detailed, I might give that a go :P Saw that somewhere, forgot where it was..can you link me please? :P

Well, if you cant get any colours going, try texturing INSIDE Terragen. I found that is helpful sometimes, however, your conversions should work...maybe you forgot to link to the mtl file?

Here's one render where I used a population and textured mainly in Terragen:

rcallicotte

I like the model, king_tiger.  The background planet is nice as well. 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

It's interesting, Discoball.  The planes that are farther away look a lot more realistic than the foreground ones.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

king_tiger_666

here is my conversion of the max file for the model above www.rawjdmbj.4free.co.nz/obj_arrow_runabout.zip

heres a render of another little shuttle, this opened with no problem since it only has about 10 shaders

DiscoBall

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 21, 2007, 11:55:52 AM
It's interesting, Discoball.  The planes that are farther away look a lot more realistic than the foreground ones.

Somehow, I don't know why, detail-wise maybe, the foreground planes look...'blocky' as in if you look to the right of the cockpit (black thingy) you should see squares and...'pixelation'. You should see stones in the reflection, however near the right there are a lot of triangles..:S

Rendering 2 scenes with a tank and the same plane, differently textured. First pics came out..bad..so gonna re-render ^ ^
Trying to convert this model, textured in Cinema 4D, to look well in Terragen :P

king_tiger_666

nice jagpanther I've tried to import that one "from turbosquid????" in previous version of terragen 2 and it didn't open but if it does in the new version cool:D:D:D

DiscoBall

Heh yeah it does, I tried rendering a scene with it.

You need to use Povray first though :P

Here's a WIP that was 'MEANT' to be a finished, good render, however the clouds were..'flat'...and the sun just shined too much :P

rcallicotte

Nice.  I want to drive it.   ;D  [I meant the starship above the tank, but the tank could be fun too]

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 21, 2007, 06:32:42 PM
here is my conversion of the max file for the model above www.rawjdmbj.4free.co.nz/obj_arrow_runabout.zip

heres a render of another little shuttle, this opened with no problem since it only has about 10 shaders

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

DiscoBall

heh :P lol

Rendering a new scene out now..oh noes! I forgot to increase atmosphere samples!..Oh well..
The grass..should be good now, and the clouds I've changed to suit it.

The sun is shining a bit too much though..will show you the finished pic ASAP.

For those that want the Jagdpanther obj after povray, just ask :)