reflection shader with image maps

Started by bobbystahr, December 06, 2010, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Hi all...this may have appeared but I found no trace so I'll ask here...I texture a lot with image maps as I am colour blind and I prefer to work with textures that I have had grouped by colours by a non colour blind pal and as such need/want to sometimes use the lovely reflection shader but haven't been able to figure a way to get it to work over/with an image map....is there a way?
Thanks in advance folks.. ....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

dandelO

Hi, man. If you just stick a reflective shader between the image map and the object/surface, that should do it. To have more control to blend the reflectivity as well, make a reflective shader the child of a non-colour surface layer and put that between the image and object/surface.

Either of these ways should work fine, the second way is better because you can use the surface layer constraints and blending functions on the reflectivity, if you wanted to. :)

[attachimg=#]

bobbystahr

I combined them and have achieved a successful output dandel0...thanks for the pointers.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

rcallicotte

Yes.  Thanks dandelO.  This is how this program works - understanding it.

I love it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bobbystahr

dandel0...here's a link to the original scene I needed to know about reflection for...thanks again
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_215/display_2145938.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dandelO

Ahh, very nice, Bobby, you're very welcome.
And thanks for coming back with an update on the thread, always nice to hear feedback and see some results. :)