Some recent astronomical work...

Started by blackcat, December 15, 2010, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Hi Blackcat. Fantastic images - amongst the best I have seen in my shortish time here. Getting to grips with TG2. I would love to know how you manage to get the Starfield in the background. Did you use other software to render the volcanos / lava etc or use the (sometimes complex) facilities within TG2? Jonathan.
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: blackcat on July 27, 2011, 03:52:31 PM
Here is one of the images from the app...

It depicts an extrasolar ice planet (one of Beta Hydrii's planets, in case you were wondering whose sun is becoming a red giant. The increased radiation is melting the glaciers.

And as the process of red giant endures a few billions of years, we would expect life generating in this new ocean...

blackcat

Quote from: ro-nin on July 28, 2011, 05:23:32 PM
Quote from: blackcat on July 27, 2011, 03:52:31 PM
Here is one of the images from the app...

It depicts an extrasolar ice planet (one of Beta Hydrii's planets, in case you were wondering whose sun is becoming a red giant. The increased radiation is melting the glaciers.

And as the process of red giant endures a few billions of years, we would expect life generating in this new ocean...

We can only hope!

blackcat

Quote from: jj100all4u on July 28, 2011, 10:33:56 AM
Hi Blackcat. Fantastic images - amongst the best I have seen in my shortish time here. Getting to grips with TG2. I would love to know how you manage to get the Starfield in the background. Did you use other software to render the volcanos / lava etc or use the (sometimes complex) facilities within TG2? Jonathan.

Thanks for the nice words!

The star fields are all separate artwork. I have a dozen different ones in my files, mostly based on real stars. Anything not TG2 in the images was done with Photoshop. What exactly was done and how depends entirely on the individual illustration.

Here is another example from this new series about exoplanets:

TheBadger

These are so good they make me angry! >:( I really like the ones on page 1
It has been eaten.

Splus12

Absolutely awesome work.  Really loved the image of Beta Hydrii.
Ken

blackcat

Aww, gee, guys, thanks! :D

Here is one from a different series. It shows a scene in Peary Crater on earth's moon. The peaks of the crater rim have sometimes been called the "Mountains of Eternal Light" because they are in perpetual sunlight.