Rendering 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192,

Started by sabre150, December 18, 2010, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabre150

I'm rendering tiles using .ter files created using software for a flying simulator and have now come up with some problems, I'm using Terragen v0.9.43.0 when I render tiles at 512, 1024 or 2048 no problem at all, if I render a tile at 4096 x 4096 there is a black line that is 1 pixel in height, if I render at 8192 x 8192 then the black line is 3 pixels in height, I have never have this problem before and trying to work out why this is but only when rendering tiles at 4096 or 8192, have double check the setting and are correct, any help will be most welcome.

Thank you.

Oshyan

Can you show some examples? What would be ideal is 1: a downsampled version of the full image for one of the problem renders 2: a crop at full resolution of a problem area on one of the renders. Some more details about your scene would also help. Are you rendering straight down and/or orthographically? How big is your terrain? You're not possibly seeing the edge of the terrain, are you?

- Oshyan

sabre150

Here is an example of one tile that has been rendered at 4096 x 4096, you will be able to see the thin black line that only appears at the bottom of the rendered image.

topo_map_0502

sabre150

In the zip file I have included the .tgw file that I'm using and also the .ter file, this is rendered at 4096 x 4096 could someone please test this to see if they get the same result and if I need to change any setting to stop the thin black line as the file is rendered.

topo_map zip file

sabre150

Hope someone is able to solve this problem for me, please experiment with the above .tgw file inside the zip and if any changes are made please let me know what these are, hoping it's just a simple mistake that I have made or a setting that I may have missed.

Thank you.

sabre150

Just to note, in the above image that I have posted, the file was rendered at 4096 x 4096 and only on thin black line will appear once the render has finished, the thin black line is 1 pixel in height, if the file is rendered at 8192 x 8192 then the black line will be 3 pixels in height.

TheBlackHole

Is the line along the horizon? You might need to increase your sky size.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

sabre150

Yes the thin black line will appear in the horizon in the simulation I'm working on, no sky size has been set because all I'm after is a rebdered landscape, the sky is automatically generated in the simulation.