Strangeness

Started by dhavalmistry, March 22, 2007, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I just wanted to share this with you guys....It took 3 hrs 45 mins to render this one...

Cloud samples: 60
Atm samples: 32
Detail: 0.5
AA: 3
GI: (2,2)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

Nice!  That looks a bit like the "falling sky" effect from TG 0.9.  I wonder if anyone has really tried to reproduce a bliss yet....
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

The Geostation

Quote from: old_blaggard on March 22, 2007, 09:12:17 AM
Nice!  That looks a bit like the "falling sky" effect from TG 0.9.  I wonder if anyone has really tried to reproduce a bliss yet....

Tried, and failed.   Might have another go.   According the Planetside, the bliss-effect was an interesting side-effect of TG 0.9 mechanics and an unintentional effect.   Sadly they may have "ironed it out" - but I'm sure there is another "Easter egg" effect somewhere  ;)

BTW, nice clouds dhavalmisty.   Looks like a vertical warp could have been used, or a subtly applied vector stretch (or both).   Wonder what it looks like with the sun shining through the denser parts of the clouds.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

dhavalmistry

I applied the wrap of 1.25 and no noise stretch was applied....

you wanna know how it looks like when sun is shining through these clouds???....

check it out.....

rcallicotte

Maybe you know this, but it's the GI settings.  Set them to zero.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

Quote from: calico on March 22, 2007, 11:42:27 AM
Maybe you know this, but it's the GI settings.  Set them to zero.

cool thanx...will try it...

tl33

cool effect. could almost be used as rain if you colored it right and maybe added a second cloud layer

dhavalmistry

Dark Fire

I think it looks quite like rain already - just make it a bit more consistent and, as had been said earlier, add another cloud layer behind it...

Oshyan

Very nice effect. As o_b said it looks a lot like the "falling sky" effect in TG 0.9. In this case it's TG2's flexibility rather than render bugs that make this possible (as in the case of TG 0.9).

- Oshyan