Strange Rendering Error

Started by dhavalmistry, December 28, 2010, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I am not sure what is causing TG2 to render like this. I have never seen anything like this before. It renders fine if I disable the population. I have tried deleting and re-populating the scene but it renders like this everytime. On top the alpha channel seems to have the sky layer in it.
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

neuspadrin

Is there a luminosity setting on the item? Does it only happen with this one specific object?

dhavalmistry

it happens with any population I put in and there is no luminosity on the population.

cyphyr

Its probably down to one of the images in your population, possibly the alpha channel. Try the same tree as a single instance and see if it still happens, if so check the image and the alpha channel.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

I have checked the texture of the object I am using and the alpha seem to be fine.

cyphyr

So a single tree works as it should? Try a render with no alpha, ok it'll look bad but if the "white" goes away then that will narrow down the issue.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

I had to uncheck "unpremultiply color" and that seem to have reduced some of the whit color and there seem to be something on the ground that disappears as soon as I uncheck unpremultiply

Next I am going to try to make an opacity map instead of relying on alpha

Matt

Some colour maps are not "premultiplied" by the alpha. Even worse, some are on white backgrounds.

Ideally your colour map should be on a black background, and the soft edges on the leaves should fade nicely to black. If so, "unpremultiply colour" should be ON in TG. (In some cases your image might not really be premultiplied correctly, and it might look better if you turn off premultiply anyway, but expect the edges to render dark in TG in that case.)

If your colour map is on a black background but appears to have non-antialiased edges, or the whole background is filled with colour, then in TG "unpremultiply colour" should be OFF.

If your colour map is on a white background, turning unpremultipliy colour OFF will help, but to avoid light-fringed edges you'll get better results if you replace the background with black in a paint program.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.