Planet render

Started by nvseal, March 23, 2007, 10:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvseal

The title says it all. This render came about while testing the power fractal shader values to see what I could get at the global scale. I think it turned out okay though perhaps the finer ground details could use some more tweaking.

marrahki

Beautiful render, the sunlight on the haze looks incredible!  :)
I think the terrain itself could use a bit of tweaking like you said,  it appears the crater edges are actually above the rest of the terrain, which looks a little unnatural, but still very nice!

rcallicotte

Very nice render.  Lovely work.  It's interesting how things look so different from way up high.  I'm not sure the terrain needs work.  At this height, how much detail will we actually see?  How high up is this?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

nvseal

Quote from: calico on March 23, 2007, 10:36:23 AM
How up is this?
To give you an idea, the crater's rim height is 2300.

Dark Fire

I can't find anything wrong with this image - the terrain, haze/mist and stars all look great. In fact, that image looks frighteningly realistic.

rcallicotte

Cool.  By "details", do you mean color shading or actual terrain modification?  I'm not sure what I would do next, if I were you.  Maybe some coloring to eliminate that "one color" look.  I don't know.  It looks about awesome enough some people might be willing to print a large photo of it. 

Quote from: nvseal on March 23, 2007, 11:01:36 AM
Quote from: calico on March 23, 2007, 10:36:23 AM
How up is this?
To give you an idea, the crater's rim height is 2300.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

wonderful job mate, crate crator and atmo :0

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.