January Promo and Prize Draw - NWDA HQ Fir Tree Pack

Started by FrankB, January 03, 2011, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zairyn Arsyn

bought & Downloaded the HQ Fir tree pack,

looking forward to rendering them more.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

buzzzzz1

Hi Frank,  This fir pack seems like a pretty good deal but I have a request before I purchase. Would you be willing to post a close up of the needles? In the image Ryan just posted http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=11493.0the small firs in the foreground don't look very good to me? I'm puzzled as to why because everyone else is saying how natural they look?  Also, can the small lower dead branches on the larger trees be adjusted to change the color to Grey?

Thanks Frank!
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

Hey Jay, good to hear from you. I do have a little snippet on my HD that features a close-up of the 5m model, see attached.
I think the trees in Ryans render do indeed look amazing, except for the small 5m model in the foreground, where it looks kinda washed out. All other needlework seems fine.

I'm pretty certain that's either due to some degree of postwork or a non ideal AA setting, combined with a difficult shading / lighting
These dense coverage of needles is a hard job for the AA algorithm, and you need to find the ideal settings. I've used AA6 and Mitchell AA filter on that little crop. Generally i found the 5m model be most demanding. Some of the taller trees are less dense.

Anyway you could give the bundle a shot and have it returned if you don't like it.

Cheers,
Frank

buzzzzz1

Thanks for the fast reply and sample render Frank. Oh yes, this is much better and satisfies my concerns. Perhaps you missed my question about the small dead branches on the trunks of the larger trees? Can the color be changed or adjusted without effecting the other parts of the bark?
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

Hi Jay,

also see the image that Ryan just posted.

Yeah I missed that question. The dead branches have their own shader, so yeah, you could change that texture, or use a function to just desaturate the existing one. I must admit I haven't tested that myself yet, though.
I shall find out tomorrow, ... 1:26 AM over here now.

Cheers
Frank

RArcher

Hi Jay,  In case you miss it here is the close up of the needles as well http://www.archer-designs.com/zp/index.php?album=digital-art/terragen-2&image=nwda-forest-from-above.jpg

I can answer the other question as well.  All of the little branches have their own texture which you can change as you see fit.

buzzzzz1

8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
XP Pro 64 bit OS

FrankB

just 32 more hours to go before the prize draw - THERE IS STILL PLENTY OF TIME TO PARTICIPATE !!!

THANKS to everyone who already did!!!

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) ;D :) :D

Quote from: FrankB on January 04, 2011, 09:07:04 AM
Yeah!

Even better: I'd like to call out another promotion, a challenge with a prize draw to be precise:

"Spread the Word Challenge"

Participate in the challenge to enter the prize draw for one of 3 HQ Fir Tree Packs.
We are very proud of the awesomeness of this pack (as it may have become obvious by now) ;) .. hence we'd like to spread the word!

You are eligible for the prize draw, if you promote our HQ Fir Tree Pack on other internet -based 3D forums or networks.
E.g.  either (or multiple of the below)

- "like" our announcement post on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/New-World-Digital-Art/127421733934530 if your circle of friends contain any 3D users
- post the news in your own words on other 3D sites (which would be our preferencel). But don't spam!
- If you're in a production house, email your collegues and make them aware of the HQ Fir Pack

As a proof, just post a link to your post here, or email me at webmaster <a t > nwdanet.com so I can count you in.

CAMPAIGN END: Friday, 7th, 8 PM CET (2 PM EST)

Come on, participate right now! You have a real big chance to win :-)

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

I'm entering the contest, Frank - http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/permalink/331942/331942/ShowThread.aspx#331942 or this one - http://community.imaginefx.com/forums/thread/331958.aspx

This first ImagineFX thread is a thread I've kept up with for about two years, one of which I completed the Sketch-A-Day challenge.  Great group of people there.

Thanks for the closeups of the needles.  I'm sold...and hope I win.  If not, I'll likely save up and buy it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

LAST 3 HOURS - YOU'RE STILL GOOD TO GO !!!

THANKS to everyone who already participated!!!

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) ;D :) :D

Quote from: FrankB on January 04, 2011, 09:07:04 AM
Yeah!

Even better: I'd like to call out another promotion, a challenge with a prize draw to be precise:

"Spread the Word Challenge"

Participate in the challenge to enter the prize draw for one of 3 HQ Fir Tree Packs.
We are very proud of the awesomeness of this pack (as it may have become obvious by now) ;) .. hence we'd like to spread the word!

You are eligible for the prize draw, if you promote our HQ Fir Tree Pack on other internet -based 3D forums or networks.
E.g.  either (or multiple of the below)

- "like" our announcement post on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/New-World-Digital-Art/127421733934530 if your circle of friends contain any 3D users
- post the news in your own words on other 3D sites (which would be our preferencel). But don't spam!
- If you're in a production house, email your collegues and make them aware of the HQ Fir Pack

As a proof, just post a link to your post here, or email me at webmaster <a t > nwdanet.com so I can count you in.

CAMPAIGN END: Friday, 7th, 8 PM CET (2 PM EST)

Come on, participate right now! You have a real big chance to win :-)

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

FrankB

Yeah. Absolutely :-)
Only 4 or 5 people have actually entered, so chanches are very good!

Although it will leave us with 1-2 non-winners, but I'll think about a little thank you gift.

By the way Rob, you can be the one to make the lucky draw. Tell me 3 random numbers between 1 and 1000 and I'll use these as a seed to the lucky function to determine the winners :D

Cheers,
Frank

Quote from: calico on January 07, 2011, 11:03:13 AM
Will we find out here?

FrankB

Prize Draw deadline prolonged a few hours

Hi all,

I'll have to take care of something. I will make the prize draw later tonight.
Sorry for postponing, but it's just a few hours.

Cheers,
Frank

rcallicotte

Oh, sorry.  A bit of a rush at work.

Quote from: FrankB on January 07, 2011, 11:17:01 AM

Yeah. Absolutely :-)
Only 4 or 5 people have actually entered, so chanches are very good!

Although it will leave us with 1-2 non-winners, but I'll think about a little thank you gift.

By the way Rob, you can be the one to make the lucky draw. Tell me 3 random numbers between 1 and 1000 and I'll use these as a seed to the lucky function to determine the winners :D

Cheers,
Frank

Quote from: calico on January 07, 2011, 11:03:13 AM
Will we find out here?

FrankB

OK! We have 3 lucky winners !!! Out of 4 contestants. Good thing is 3 of 4 win and I've got one additional prize ;)

In no specific order:
- Inky .... hoooray
- Cyphyr ... congratulatiooooonss
- Calico ... Yey!

You all won the HQ FO Tree Bundle! Please PM me your email addresses so I can send you a coupon that you can redeem at the NWDA store.

Otakar, you didn't win, but I've got something for you too. I've got your email and will send you something :-)

Thanks everyone!
Frank