anyone dared to upgrade to OSX Lion, yet?

Started by FrankB, August 24, 2011, 07:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

I am holding back. I've seen too many complaints about too many problems with Lion.

Anyone have a core 2 duo macbook pro like I have, and has successfully upgraded? Meaning no graphics troubles, no reduced battery uptime issues etc..?

Regards,
Frank

inkydigit

Hi Frank, no not yet, still on 10.5.8, on my 24" imac....may hold off for a while, I may want a new machine....

FrankB

I'll probably wait a couple months longer then...

I also want a new machine, to satisfy my geek nature, but my logical brain is against it still, as it can't find a justification ;)

TheBadger

Yeah, I dont know whats going on with Apple lately. What? So now your the biggest company in the world, so that makes it ok to rush things to market before there ready? What are you trying to be, Microsoft? ;D Looking forward to getting an I7 tower sooner or later though.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

...and Steve Jobs just retired, so what does that mean to Apple's future?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

Quote from: calico on August 25, 2011, 07:30:30 AM
...and Steve Jobs just retired, so what does that mean to Apple's future?

I'd say nobody knows. It's impossible to say from here. It can be good, it can be bad.
Here is a nice read about some great quotes from "big mouth" Steve: http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/08/money-quotes-steve-jobs-style/

Frank

FrankB

Quote from: TheBadger on August 25, 2011, 04:41:36 AM
Yeah, I dont know whats going on with Apple lately. What? So now your the biggest company in the world, so that makes it ok to rush things to market before there ready? What are you trying to be, Microsoft?...

+1