My first image / Sunset on the coast. Type thing.

Started by matt01253, January 19, 2011, 08:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt01253

Hey guys, new to the whole Terragen thing, Picked it up yesterday, followed some (shockingly bad, honestly) tutorial, but I think i've got to grips of the program now :) It certainly gives you some stunning results!

Anyhow, here's my first proper landscape i've attempted to make,
I also used some silhouette people to make it look "Aww", found below :D
http://mouzeron.deviantart.com/art/The-spaces-between-my-fingers-141267305

Volker Harun

Very good start for a startup render, very balanced and moody composition.

matt01253

cheers :) Also, any constructive criticism is always very much welcome! I'd love to get better at using the program

Volker Harun

Well, technically flawless, there are only a few subjective constructive comments left ...

You could increase the disc diameter of the sun - double, triple it ... watch the reflections on the water afterwards and maybe increase the roughness to get softer, wider spread reflections.

Depending on the result, you may want to cut off the bottom 50-100px ... this is a matter of how dominant the sun and its reflection will be.

Cheers,
Volker

matt01253

Woah, I was expecting a heap of hateful comments there (well, not hateful, but lots of them). Thanks for the help, I agree with the diameter of the sun, I think it came over my head once whilst doing it, but I couldn't figure out how to go about it. I'll have a look for a tutorial on it somewhere :)

Thanks very much for the criticism/help, it really helps! :)
Thanks again, Matt.

Dune

Welcome to the forum, Matt. I think there's too little 'landscape' to comment on. It's a nice image, nonetheless. If you want comment, make something well lit with rocks, grass, trees and snow, and interesting displacements....

matt01253

Quote from: Dune on January 21, 2011, 03:56:07 AM
Welcome to the forum, Matt. I think there's too little 'landscape' to comment on. It's a nice image, nonetheless. If you want comment, make something well lit with rocks, grass, trees and snow, and interesting displacements....

Hi Dune :) Thanks for the comment, and sure, i'll give it a go when I next get free night. My attempts at a grass texture really failed, so I hid it and went for a dark tone instead ;D