Aurora

Started by Dune, January 24, 2011, 11:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks for the links, Microwar. Very interesting! My wife and I even discussed to travel north to view this spectacle. Some day...
And, Martin, that's a thought. Perhaps a negative color could induce some interesting variations! But I think it's easier to work with 2+ layers of clouds in different colors, so you can also shift heights slightly and make nice transitions.

Redwolf

i done that with the two layers some time ago to, it works,,

TheBlackHole

You can also use a power fractal to color clouds.
[attachimg=#]
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

j meyer

Nice find TBH,reminds me of the "stoned glass" experiments we did
some time ago.Using the final density input of the cloud node would
be even more versatile in that you can still use a density fractal for
the shape of the clouds and a PF for color.
Keep on exploring guys,J.

TheBlackHole

Here's a simple aurora I made with 2 density fractals and a PF.
[attachimg=#]
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

dandelO

It is very cool actually, I never thought that colour info would be passed from the fractal to the cloud layer at all, so I've never even tried that, only ever used a black/white fractal, I always thought it acted just like a colour 'function' to the cloud layer's existing colours, that's excellent. Just tried it out now for myself and, thank you very much, Monsieur Lemmon. :)
Using much more muted colours, along with the existing cloud node colours opens up many more options, good one, man!

Not to drag Ulco's thread away from the initial post too much, but I think this is a pretty relevant point.

Dune

QuoteNot to drag Ulco's thread away from the initial post too much, but I think this is a pretty relevant point.
Of course, that's what this is all about... INFORMATION!