The Prescence

Started by Markal, May 17, 2011, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markal

When I tried rendering at a higher detail setting a large section of the upper left cliff would not render...it was a vertical rectangle close to the front edge and the starfield background could be seen through it. I know it has been mentioned before. Did anyone find out what causes blocks or certain areas not to render? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Mark

fleetwood

Don't claim to tell you the answer as I don't have a lot of experience,
but the last time I tried a starfield background,  I had similar blank wedge shape area in the upper
corner. It turned out that I had the camera pointed at an area that was effectively "out of bounds" or "off the edge" of the background sphere.
I had to reposition the background by trial and error. My camera was already very far away from the 0,0 point. But
you see in the example it still has a blank area in the upper right.

You might try defining the background larger or shifting the background, giving it a new center point.

Nevermind, I didn't understand that the problem was with the cliff not the sky.

Matt

Cut off terrains can probably be fixed by increasing the displacement tolerance setting on the Planet. Try a value of 2. It will increase render time, but you could re-render just a crop of the problem area.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.